TV Shows

thatgirl1985

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Blackmarch, do you have time to eat or go to work or anything?

I finished Lost, and I loved Pillars of the Earth. I also finished Heroes and then Jericho.

depends if its a saturday marathon session or if its one of those weeks after finals and no one is coming in to where I work :P

For most of those if not on holy I only get to see em whne I"m with a friend or i'm visiting my parents.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of mine favorite tv shows, with which i like to entertain myself nowadays are:

Gossip girl, Vampire Diaries, Dexter, Glee, and True blood. I always looks excited for watch latest episodes of these american drama and here i would like to recommend you too to go enjoy with either. All those are great drama's in their own ways of story and stuffs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Bourdain (The Lay Over and No Reservations) is a hoot. He's crass, a dork, and at the same time very human, it is some of (in my opinion) the best TV on TV.

I like The Walking Dead, The Mentalist, Saturday morning English soccer on ESPN, The World Poker Tour on Root Sports, Finding Bigfoot on APL is the best comedy on TV, Hawaii Five-0 is not as good as the original but has action, and the Cubs on WGN on summer afternoons.

Movies: the latest I thought were good have been Moneyball, Larry Crowne, and Johnny English Returns (or Reborn). I would mention The Descendants but that is rated R and I know I would never watch that. :)

If you can get Netflix, it is totally worth it to get the entire X-Files series, Buffy & Angel, Stargate Atlantis, and many others. I know Lost is unavailable for streaming video, and some others I'd like to see, but I think it's a matter of time before everything is available for streaming.

The X-Files, one of the greatest series ever. Also Magnum PI is available on Netflix.

My favorite right now is Midsomer Murders. If you like supernatural try the British version of Being Human.

Bones is just excellent. The Mentalist is always amusing. A short series on British tv was an offbeat Sherlock Holmes you might like for a change of pace.

A new show I like that is improving as it goes is "Person of Interest' It has Ben from Lost in it. He has a great character to play.

You can find the British shows on Netflix. Well worth the 8 dollars.

I just pulled out star trek one the other day and watched it.... now i think i have to put it up there with star trek II wrath of khan as a favorite for it's story and the thinking it provokes (and it taking on borderline religious philosophy :D)

on the flipside i'm having a major sad in finding out half of my Babylon 5 dvds are ruined :(

I go the sci-fi route or the more educational ones... anyways shows that I've enjoyed;

Star Trek (OS), TNG, DS9, Voyager

Stargate SG-1

Babylon 5 (first 4 seasons)

Gargoyles

Munk

The Dresden Files

The Vision of Escaflowne

Smallville

Abbott and Castillo

Airwolf

No Farscape?

I'm working my way thru that series now and enjoy it. I was a bit irritated at first with the main character John Crichton, he's a bit whiney, but I've realized I've been taking him too seriously and now I see the humor in this dramatic character. Coming from Star Trek its' refreshing to see different aliens that actually look like aliens instead of Star Trek where they are basically all humaniods with differently placed bumps on their head.

I'm considering Battle Star Galactica but I'm not a fan of the female President. I think next on my list will be Star Gate.

I enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead.

No Farscape?

I'm working my way thru that series now and enjoy it. I was a bit irritated at first with the main character John Crichton, he's a bit whiney, but I've realized I've been taking him too seriously and now I see the humor in this dramatic character. Coming from Star Trek its' refreshing to see different aliens that actually look like aliens instead of Star Trek where they are basically all humaniods with differently placed bumps on their head.

I'm considering Battle Star Galactica but I'm not a fan of the female President. I think next on my list will be Star Gate.

I enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead.

Really haven't had a chance to see it, and all the ads for it when it came out really didn't sell it to me. I'll probably have to check it out tho.

Stargate SG-1 is awesome.

• 2 months later...