Sign in to follow this  
thatgirl1985

The Grand Council Question

Hi,

I am working on some scripture notes this morning about our pre-mortal existence.

I guess it makes sense that I am confused since it has been veiled from our memories.

I just don't understand the timeline of events. What do our spirits do while they wait to receive a physical body?

My head hurts trying to figure it out.

HELP! :D

Thank you!

Edited by thatgirl1985
clarification

"Throughout your premortal life, you developed your identity and increased your spiritual capabilities. Blessed with the gift of agency, you made important decisions, such as the decision to follow Heavenly Father’s plan. These decisions affected your life then and now. You grew in intelligence and learned to love the truth, and you prepared to come to the earth, where you could continue to progress."

Source

Hope that helps. :)

I just don't understand the timeline of events. What do our spirits do while they wait to receive a physical body?

Thank you!

we were taught, and we also did the Lords work. I imagine some were angels.

I love this passage:

The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

- Proverbs 8:22-31