Am I eligible for a mission?

tyler55

No idea, talk to the Bishop, remember we are always accountable for the consequences of our actions both good or bad.

Does the level of illegal activity make a difference to the church I can't say but I do know not facing the consequences before the church, your family, the Lord and you soul will.

For example from what you are saying you are guilty of breaking the law, yet you are trying to get charges dropped. That might save a mission or embarrassment but what does it do to your standing before God, and your worthiness?

Now having said all that please do not misunderstand something. I don't know you at all, I personally have no stake in your choices. I am not trying to parent or priesthood you, nor guilt, judge, condemn, or condone you. I am actually trying to help you understand the answer to your real question about what will disqualify you from serving a Mission.

A mission is only a small portion of your life, God will not condone or condemn you dependent on serving a mission or not. But how you live your life and deal with the consequences of life, both by your and others actions will.

The Lord loves you, your family loves you, now you must love you. Do what is right, accept what will be good and bad, and get back to the strait and narrow path every time you stray from it. That is what each of us must do with our own struggles, and endure to the end.

I hope and pray you find what you seek.

1) You can serve a mission as soon as all the legal stuff is dealt with , and that door is closed.

2) Talk to your Bishop. It seems you already know the answer. The real question is; are you willing to do what it takes to be eligible to serve a mission?

That is the question here, Are you willing to make the changes that you must make in order to be able to serve a mission and then follow through with those changes and not fall back into your old habits? You need to go talk to your bishop as asson as possible. Let him know before you say anything to him that what you want to tell him must be kept private. Your bishop is not there to judge you, but to help you.

My main worry is for the past few months Have used hallucinogens (LSD), and synthetic drugs compared to Ectacy and coke. I haven't talked to the bishop yet cause im afraid he will tell my family and im not ready for that. Recently i had a life threatening experience while using and am considering serving a mission. will hard drug use disqualify you?

Please be careful.

Take the two years you'd be serving, and go to substance abuse treatment. Then serve a mission clean and proud. What a great resource you'd be for investigators with their own big problems!

Not that it's any of my business, but I wouldn't be so confident in the prosecutor simply walking away from an open-and-shut possession case. In my experience prosecutors don't just drop charges unless there was a legal search-and-seizure issue with the circumstances under which you were arrested.

You might be able to plead it down to a Class C, or (if the prosecutor's really nice) get a plea-in-abeyance agreement or (in Utah) get referred to a diversion program. But either way, at least in UT you may very well be subject to probation, periodic court appearances, and/or random drug tests for the next twelve months or so. That would make missionary service impractical for the near future.