I guess this means..

Bini

I'm expecting?

Posted Image

I've been in denial the last few days and kept taking one pregnancy test after another. Could it be true!?

We're headed to the doc today or tomorrow. So it looks like some of these parenting threads will apply to me after all. :D

Anyway, already shared the anticipated news with family and friends. Thought I'd share with you guys here :] We're excited!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Bini! The "in denial" comment makes me wonder if you were trying/wanting or not, but the "anticipated also makes me think you were. None of my business either way.

On an amusing side note, I had a weird dream this morning that one of the elderly widows in my ward had a false positive on a pregnancy test.

Yes but Bini will be the one carrying the baby, Pam is right. :) I bet the baby will be 6lbs 10 ounces. A boy.

Okay guys, you can't change your guesses anymore! :D:D

I'm Filipino, like Bini. I'm married to a big caucasian dude, like Bini. I am 5 foot nothing, weighed 110 when I got pregnant. Both my boys were over NINE POUNDS. Yep!

For the win!!!

P.S.

Bini, we're excited for you! It would be really cool if you can keep us posted on ultrasounds and such!

You'll probably get a lot of advice from veteran moms, my one advice - you don't have to listen to all of them... including this one- each pregnancy is unique so you'll have to figure things out on what works best for you! :)

Do you feel queasy, throwing up, especially in the morning? My advice (in addition to the above) - go to the Filipino store and get some skyflakes crackers. Get cans of ginger ale too. Put them in your bedside table drawer. Before you get up in the morning, eat one square of skyflakes... i mean, before you even sit-up - while you're still laying down on the bed. It will help you not be too queasy when you get up. Then you can chase it down with a sip of ginger ale once you are up.

Remember my first advice... :) What works for me, may not work for you!

Yes but Bini will be the one carrying the baby, Pam is right. :) I bet the baby will be 6lbs 10 ounces. A boy.

The size of the mother isn't the only deciding factor in the size of a baby. The size of *both* parents play a roll, because you're looking at a new person who is a combination of both their genes. And there's still other factors like nutrition of the mother, defects in the placenta or the baby itself, health issues like gestational diabetes, etc. that can make a baby bigger or smaller than average.

My most petite friend (4'9") had a 9 1/2lb. baby. Her husband was 6' even and very thick boned, and the little guy is well on his way to taking after his dad.

Edited by Jenamarie

The size of the mother isn't the only deciding factor in the size of a baby. The size of *both* parents play a roll, because you're looking at a new person who is a combination of both their genes. And there's still other factors like nutrition of the mother, defects in the placenta or the baby itself, health issues like gestational diabetes, etc. that can make a baby bigger or smaller than average.

My most petite friend (4'9") had a 9 1/2lb. baby. Her husband was 6' even and very thick boned, and the little guy is well on his way to taking after his dad.

Just curious, did your friend keep as tiny WHILE pregnant?

Thank you everyone!

I guess I should have used the word "surprised" instead of denial. Hubby and I talked about making this year our year to start a family but we didn't expect it to be so.. immediate! Ha ha. But we're very excited. I had no idea how giddy I'd get over this and this is just the beginning!

Anyway, I know this sounds corny but I had a "baby dream" about two weeks ago and in that dream we were blessed with a little boy :] So maybe it will be!? Either way, we'll be very happy. Most importantly, we're praying for a healthy baby, as everyone does. Since I'm adopted, I don't know how "big or small" the babies come. From pictures of my husband's family, the babies look stocky and healthy! So very possible baby will end up a good size :] I've been actively working on my own health the last 3-4 months with a support group for people struggling with eating disorders. I know my health will affect my baby and so I'll be working hard to maintain a healthy mindset. It's very difficult for me knowing that I'm going to gain weight even though this is just the very very early stages of pregnancy. This of course will be a subject I'm going to have to be honest with my doctor about. I'm 5 foot and weigh 105lbs right now. I've actually gained 7lbs already.

So yes I'll try to update you guys! I know there's some great support on here. I started feeling nausea about two weeks ago but it's on/off. I'm mostly getting these icky headaches that just bug and linger. Occasionally those headaches make me queezy, bleh..

Thanks again :]

Oh Bini, before slamjet gets a chance, I'm going to beat him to the midwife versus OB thing...

See if you can find yourself a midwife! They're better at pre-natal stuff than your OB! Yeay!

:)

Ignore Anatess, she knows not what she speaks :D:D:D

I went through two pregnancies, both twins, with a mom who is a brittle diabetic with three out of four babies in the NICU. If you have any type of health issues, go to the OB. Either way, it's up to you. Luckily we had awesome OB's who specialized in high-risk pregnancies.

Anatess and Slamjet — you guys are a riot! :P

Yes, there's going to be a lot to consider between now and when the baby comes.. Seriously, until I have my first ultrasound, I feel like this is all just some crazy dream! But a fabulous dream mind you. We're very excited about it. But seeing the heartbeat is going to be the first major milestone for us!

OK so here's just a small update. Went to the doctor and at this point—it's a "go". They did some blood tests and are going to see what my HCG hormone levels are. Depending on the results, I could get an ultrasound earlier than the expected 6-7 weeks, and at that point they'll have a good idea of conception date and due date. Wow.

Actually it's the shoulders you want to be small. A newborn's skull is designed to squish up a bit as it comes out. The shoulders... not so much... ;)

When my ex saw the size of my boy's head and shoulders, she was so glad it was a c-section birth.

Let's see, what else can I come up with to scare poor Bini :evilsmile: