I guess this means..

Bini

Let's see, what else can I come up with to scare poor Bini :evilsmile:

I got one!

The gel thing that they use for ultrasound is super COLD! It's like going skinny dipping in the middle of winter in Alaska!

Okay, okay, you can ask them for a warm gel... so don't forget to ask, because sometimes they just slap the cold stuff on ya!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one!

The gel thing that they use for ultrasound is super COLD! It's like going skinny dipping in the middle of winter in Alaska!

But how about that first ultrasound attachment for when you are pregnant really early on? You know, the one that "violates you?"

I saw the doctor pulling that thing out to use. When I realized what it was for, I just about threw him out the window. I found out latter I scarred the pee out of him because of the way I looked at him.

Geez, not only are you guys going to scare Bini, but you're going to scare me. ;)

I'm due in 3 weeks and I hope, hope, hope my little girl doesn't have huge shoulders! Doc. said she isn't going to be a 10 pounder or anything (figures, I'm pretty petite at 5'2", 98 pounds pre-pregnancy), but as mentioned above, it totally doesn't matter even how much the baby weighs or the size of their head.

Anyway, congrats Bini! It's going to be such an exciting time for you and your husband. :) I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Geez, not only are you guys going to scare Bini, but you're going to scare me. ;)

I'm due in 3 weeks and I hope, hope, hope my little girl doesn't have huge shoulders! Doc. said she isn't going to be a 10 pounder or anything (figures, I'm pretty petite at 5'2", 98 pounds pre-pregnancy), but as mentioned above, it totally doesn't matter even how much the baby weighs or the size of their head.

Anyway, congrats Bini! It's going to be such an exciting time for you and your husband. :) I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Three weeks left! You're living life large aren't ya!

Three weeks left!!! Now THAT'S getting close :]

I'm sure everything will go just fine. I think the important thing to bare in mind, is that every single woman, is going to experience pregnancy differently. On top of that, sometimes you experience pregnancy differently with your second child than from with your first. So there's no exact science to this baby stuff :]

But going back on what others have said.. In my husband's family, babies tend to have large heads.. My husband did.. Like I said, the bebes are stocky in his line..

But how about that first ultrasound attachment for when you are pregnant really early on? You know, the one that "violates you?"

I saw the doctor pulling that thing out to use. When I realized what it was for, I just about threw him out the window. I found out latter I scarred the pee out of him because of the way I looked at him.

Yeah, I was definitely not prepared for a transvaginal ultrasound that first time. Totally caught me off-guard. Kinda funny, actually. :D

9 and 7 year old kids here... no violating u/s here either.

I did get a regular-ultrasound-magnified-by-10 kind of ultrasound where you can measure the distance between the baby's eyes and the distance between his knuckles, etc. Really cool stuff. They give it to you if your blood test shows an indicator for things like Down Syndrome. I refused the big needle going straight to my belly to get a sample of amniotic fluid though. Gave me the heebie jeebies!

Our pregnancies were high-risk so she had to endure the indignity. Plus she was ultrasounded every two weeks. I got to see the progression from tiny to birth. I'd almost want to go through it again, if it weren't for diapers.

And my babies are now 14 and 9. Definitely not new. It's the way they can see the pregnancy from extremely early on.

Got the blood test results back. My HCG level was high so I won't be waiting 6-7 weeks for an ultrasound, I'm scheduled to go in for one this week. Guess I'm a little further along than was anticipated..

Very excited!

W00t!

Hey, share some of that HCG to prospectmom and me... we're trying to lose weight. :D

Got the blood test results back. My HCG level was high so I won't be waiting 6-7 weeks for an ultrasound, I'm scheduled to go in for one this week. Guess I'm a little further along than was anticipated..

Very excited!

Dude, they're going to be a bunch of little-Bini's running around! How cool! Congrats!

My ex and I did the IVF thing back before patches and suppositories. Needles all the way, and there were 23 gauge needles injecting caster oil based hormones into the bum thrown in for good measure.

Yea, she cried a lot.

:[ Poor woman.

OK so I went to my very first ultrasound today. We got a heartbeat! Baby is in great shape at this stage and is already 9 weeks along! That really took us by surprise because we were thinking 6-7 weeks at the very most. We hadn't realised that baby has been with us for a little while now :] Other than some annoying headaches and some bloating that I've been having.. I really wasn't noticing much else that would directly point to being pregnant. I've always had wacky menstrual cycles, so the spotting and even missing of some, didn't wave a red flag reading: P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T.

Now I'm just waiting impatiently for my baby bump..

Now I'm just waiting impatiently for my baby bump..

No way! Enjoy the no-baby-bump as long as you can! That baby bump is cute at first then it becomes a literal pain in the butt! Yeah, there's a medical term for it... sciatica I think it is.