What's Your Employment?

slamjet

Ho, hum. I'm sitting here bored out of my skull and just wondering what we all do here. So here goes.

Currently, I work as a Medical Biller specializing in Physical Therapy clinics. It's my ex's business and she has found it in her merciful self to employ me seeing as the economy took my job away in 2007 as a Systems Admin in a Physical Therapy clinic. So I sit here waiting for her to send me my work (when she gets it). And yes, I work out of my apartment (My bed is two feet to my left. :) ).

Anyone else like to share?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice your ex throws you a bone!

I work in a BSA council office, namely the Trapper Trails council. I kind of do everything, though I was a receptionist after my teaching contract (I've a degree in elementary education) wasn't renewed, but got promoted after two weeks.

Let's see... what I do. I handle registrations, I design charts, I track things... I do a lot. Currently cleaning out the program database.

Edited by Backroads

I keep 3 kids 6 and under from killing themselves and/or eachother, and/or me, on a daily basis. My pay is whatever money falls out of DH's pockets in the wash. ^_^

Prior to that I was a tutor in an AutoCAD lab (which I couldn't do now, as my skills are rusty and waaaaaaaaaay out of date), and even prior to that I was a Lifeguard. I had an incredible tan. :D

my current job title...

When I saw your post I remember the email I got awhile back...:o I just couldn't resist.:D

'I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.'

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair and looked up as though she had not heard right.

I repeated the title slowly emphasizing the most significant words. Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written, in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

'Might I ask,' said the clerk with new interest, 'just what you do in your field?'

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, 'I have a continuing program of research, (what mother doesn't) In the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have said indoors and out).

I'm working for my Masters, (first the Lord and then the whole family) and already have four credits (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door. As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants -- ages 13, 7, and 3.

Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model, (a 6 month old baby) in the child development program, testing out a new vocal pattern.

I felt I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than 'just another Mum.'

Motherhood!

What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title on the door.

Does this make grandmothers 'Senior Research associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations And great grandmothers 'Executive Senior Research Associates?' YES!

I'm a Senior Research Associate in Child Development and Human Relations and a Programmer.

My office is where you can find an electrical outlet and a 3G connection... including the Dr's office, School lobby, soccer field parking lot, Library, and McDonald's.

Guest Godless

Lately I've been driving guntrucks for the Army.

I'm also working on getting my beer server certification in order to make myself more marketable when I get home and start job-hunting.

I'm the hubby of someone interesting. She once got between two armed gang members and talked them out of killing each other. She once told Marilyn Manson, at his own back stage party, that she didn't like his music.

I'll bite. What does your wife do for employment? Or was that in her free time?

Guest mormonmusic
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I'm a university teacher in Business and Project Management. I don't call myself professor although everyone else does, because where I come from, professors have PhD's. I'm working on one now, though, in Education. I do corporate training in leadership and management, outreach projects to the community, and I'm a faculty trainer in blended learning. I also do mentorship of students and have done a lot of curriculum management.

But what do I really love? I teach music to kids -- guitar, bass, and band. I also build guitars in my "spare" time, so I guess I'm a luthier since people have commissioned me to build them for them.

And, based on the length of this post compared to everyone else's I think I like to talk about myself too much!

Edited by mormonmusic

I am an Account Manager for a major credit card company. Yes, that means I answer phones in a call center. However, the team I am part of is highly specialized; there are only two of them in the company.

My wife is an author, publisher, and hand-formats e-books. She has a very successful business, and is in high demand. She typically has about 80 requests for quotes at any given time, and is working on training a couple of people to do it for her.

Biostatistician - I consult on medical research in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, breast services, bone density scans, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, fertility, and cardiac imaging ("one of these things is not like the other").

I also work in monitoring quality outcomes and medical outcomes to report for our institution.