What's Your Employment?

slamjet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oracle...Cobol, all the above?

Cobol, EZtrieve, IBM mainframe stuff.

I may be old, but my competition is dying off (or retiring), so I feel pretty good about the millions upon millions of lines of code still in service around the country.

HiJolly

Cobol, EZtrieve, IBM mainframe stuff.

I may be old, but my competition is dying off (or retiring), so I feel pretty good about the millions upon millions of lines of code still in service around the country.

HiJolly

No way!!! You're a relic! :D:D:D

* used to do cobol eztrieve jcl stuff... back when I still wore big hair. :D

Do you get calls from India asking to speak to someone without an accent?

No but we do get calls asking if we are in India. I was even told by a caller that they didn't want to talk to me, they wanted to talk to someone that spoke English. Huh?

No but we do get calls asking if we are in India. I was even told by a caller that they didn't want to talk to me, they wanted to talk to someone that spoke English. Huh?

We answer the phone giving our name and location, specifically so they know they are speaking with someone in the United States. Still does not prevent email satisfaction surveys coming in saying language is an issue. I just had one the other day that came in saying SHE was hard to understand because SHE was in INDIA. I am NOT a she, nor is Kansas City in India.

Funny tho that the sitcom "Outsourced" features a guy who is transferred from Kansas City to India.

My wife homeschools our kids and goes to college. She still manages to collect interesting stories, but the most melodramatic ones come from her interesting teen years.

Now I want to know more about teen years.

I plan on homeschooling future kids; at least, my fiance and I like the idea of it.

I'm also planning on attempting to publish a children's novel, as soon as I can hanker down and write a good query letter.

Now I want to know more about teen years.

I plan on homeschooling future kids; at least, my fiance and I like the idea of it.

I'm also planning on attempting to publish a children's novel, as soon as I can hanker down and write a good query letter.

I am also working on a novel and hope to become a full time author. I am planning to self publish my book as an e-book once finished.

It seems to often be a new order of business for some authors..."E-book first, print book maybe"

Indeed it does. I've already done the "website version" as a test run (taken down to avoid any problems, publishers don't like to publish what's been published before).

We answer the phone giving our name and location, specifically so they know they are speaking with someone in the United States. Still does not prevent email satisfaction surveys coming in saying language is an issue. I just had one the other day that came in saying SHE was hard to understand because SHE was in INDIA. I am NOT a she, nor is Kansas City in India.

Funny tho that the sitcom "Outsourced" features a guy who is transferred from Kansas City to India.

We aren't even allowed to give our location any more. We can only say we are on the west coast of the US if asked. There was an employee of one of our call centers murdered by a disgruntled caller.

We aren't even allowed to give our location any more. We can only say we are on the west coast of the US if asked. There was an employee of one of our call centers murdered by a disgruntled caller.

What about moderators on a religious forum? Is their location not to be disclosed for similar safeguarding reasons? ;)