What's Your Employment?

slamjet

I spent 10 years in daycare services, I had my own daycare in my home, but had to give it up. I just couldn't keep it up with my heart condition, carrying other people around with no other adults present if I pass out...not a good situation.

I worked at a bank for several years, and now I work at a library in the circulation dept. I stand behind a counter, help people find books, use the internet, check ins and outs...I love it. Public libraries rock! Our patron count for yesterday was about 1,300!

Although we also get a lot of schizophrenic patrons, so I guess you could say I work in crazy town. One day we have 5 in front of the circulation desk...all arguing with the sky...made me think I was missing something...I kept looking up, just in case :)

(Our building has a very high ceiling with windows at the top)

Edited by jayanna
clarification

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brettlee
Hidden

Hi

With the 2010 elections now behind us, I thought it would be interesting to run a quick poll about one of the most talked about subjects – jobs. It seems that campaign ads this year either focused on a personal attack aimed at tearing down the opposing candidate, or they talked about jobs.

While there are clear signs that the economy is improving, it looks like it will be a long, slow recovery. Indeed, unemployment has continued to hover near 10%, and people are understandably antsy.