Ok, now this sucks...

NobodysFool

The point of lds.net isn't really to provide a place to hook up with other single adults. It's about discussion here on this forum. We aren't a "meat market". There are dating sites for that purpose. If you wanted to get involved in the discussions however, there are other subforums on this website which get a lot more activity than this one.

We aren't a "meat market".

I prefer to think of it as a "meet market". While it's not a dating site, I still would have though there would have been more activity on the subject. Or maybe all the SAs have figured things out and it's the YSAs that are still struggling.

Oh, well. I'll see if I can stir something up.

It sucks that the topic isn't more active. I thought lds.net is/was one of the more active forums on the 'net, even if it's not a dating site.

Not sure why you don't think it is... There's no rule that says Single Adults can't post in the Marriage and Relationship Advice forum... it's hopping in there. Oh, and if you're really looking into what's hopping - just click on the New Posts button and you'll see pages of new posts come up every half a day or so...

This place is totally a dating site.

Pam looks at me like I'm a piece of meat with her gumdrop eyes. :(

Wait... Gingerbread Men don't eat meat, do they? Is that a mixed metaphor again?

Dude, you don't qualify. Unless you are a 20-something waiter at Olive Garden, then sorry :P

This place is totally a dating site.

I met my fiancee here, so that's one vote for that direction. ;)

I come here hoping to talk to some other SAs and find that last message was from almost a month ago.

Number of threads started by NobodysFool in the Singles or YSA forums: 1, this one. I could understand a bit more if you've been spending a lot of effort into starting discussions in the forums but you seem to be complaining about folks expending the same amount of effort you have been to start interesting Singles/YSA discussions, that is to say: none (I don't count this as an interesting Singles/YSA discussion).

I will give you that these aren't the more happening sections of the site (those tend to be General Discussion, Gospel Discussion, and Advice).

Edited by Dravin

Threads: 34,088, Posts: 556,153, Members: 33,798, Active Members: 2,232

That's the stats as of today. Seems pretty active to me.

Hmmmm, over how long a time span? That's obviously not a "what's new" listing. Using "What's new" gets me 37 threads. It does seem that it's picking now that it's a weekday instead of a weekend.

The site is plenty active. There are usually over 50 active threads with new posts every day. If the Single Adults section is not active enough for you, maybe you should recruit your single LDS friends to come post in it. It's not the site's fault that your friends don't come here to interact with you.

Did you come here to interract with other members of the site or to complain about how the site is not as active as you feel it should be?

I was hoping to start a discussion. Some people are only "responders" and rarely start something. So, I thought I'd throw something out there and see what happens. While I did expect to get a response by a moderator, I wasn't expecting a pile-on in "defend the faith" mode. But after all that, I think finally some banter is starting.