Need a last minute service project

Jenamarie

I have Activity Days (8-11 year old girls) tomorrow, and I'm thinking of scraping my lesson on Tithing and having the girls do a service of some sort for my co-leader, who's daughter passed away today, but I have no clue what. I've never lost a child (or a relative closer than a very aged grandparent), so I don't know what a person in grief might need, or what kind of service a group of girls could do for such a person.

Anybody have any ideas? :(

I have Activity Days (8-11 year old girls) tomorrow, and I'm thinking of scraping my lesson on Tithing and having the girls do a service of some sort for my co-leader, who's daughter passed away today, but I have no clue what. I've never lost a child (or a relative closer than a very aged grandparent), so I don't know what a person in grief might need, or what kind of service a group of girls could do for such a person.

Anybody have any ideas? :(

How old was the other leader's daughter? Was she around activity days age? Did your activity day girls know her? I think it would be really neat if you could get them to talk about her, and think of fun things they did together. If you have a voice recorder, tape it. If you have an iPhone, they have apps for that, I'm sure. Later, spend time (it'll take quite awhile) transcribing and/or burning a disc for the mom, so she can hear about the influence her daughter had on these girls. That would be a meaningful gift of service -- it might be hard for her to receive it right now, but she would appreciate it for years to come.

Why not let the girls volunteer to be the ones to bring in dinner for the family. They can prepare it and deliver it to the family. They start learning about some of the compassionate service before they reach adulthood.

• 1 year later...