This month's Ensign

Jenamarie

Was anyone touched by just the cover of this issue? I always love it when they put a picture of the Savior on the cover, but this particular picture, with the article tagline of "He Can Heal Us, Every One" in the corner just struck my heart so strongly. I haven't even opened it up yet, and already the Spirit has been brought my strongly into my home by just the cover.

But......we're a cult! How can we have a picture of Christ on the cover of our monthly magazine when it is so APPARENT that we worship ol' Joe Smith!

oh, that's right: OUR Jesus isn't the same as THEIR Jesus....

Sarcasm aside, I have read several articles already, and it is great. Sis Beck's talk about the doctrine of families is very timely...

Too bad you aren't in Utah. The original of that painting (which is titled Christus Consolator, painted in 1884) is on display at BYU through May 7th.

Carl Bloch: The Master's Hand

The focal point of the exhibition is five large altar paintings. One of these works is Christ Healing the Sick at Bethesda, which has become the signature piece of the museum since its acquisition in September 2001. The other four altar paintings have been gathered from churches in Denmark and Sweden. These paintings have been removed for the first time since they were originally installed in the late 1800s.

Too bad you aren't in Utah. The original of that painting (which is titled Christus Consolator, painted in 1884) is on display at BYU through May 7th.

Carl Bloch: The Master's Hand

Argh. And I'll be in Utah at the end of May! It's a really, really beautiful painting. I may want to get a print of it for my house (if they sell them).