What do I need to do to get sealed?

heather_ernst08

I was born into the gospel and my husband was a convert when he was young. We got a civil marriage. We now have a 17 month old daughter and with the whole world going crazy its prompted action in me. My husband isn't putting that much work into trying to get ready to have a temple marriage so I at least want to know what I have to do to get sealed to my daughter in the temple. Do I have to have a temple marriage first? What all is necessary as far as tithing and is there something I have to get in order to be sealed..like when going to do baptisms you have to see the bishop first, that sort of thing. I really want to be sealed to her. Thanks =)

Children can only be sealed to parents. Meaning mother and father. You would need to be sealed to your husband in order to have your daughter sealed to you.

Pam's right, first you have to get temple worthy, and he does, then getting sealed to each other and then get sealed to daughter.

I know you might feel like your hopes are falling right now, but I want you to know that the Lord can overcome anything that the adversary can throw at you.

First start working on your standing with Him. Get yourself ready. Show your husband how much you love him, if you have lost love for him, look for reasons to love him. Search every day for reasons to love him. Be the kind of wife that he would like to be sealed to....work on being active at church, and take your daughter, so she can make friends with little ones her age. It will be hard, because they wiggle during Sacrament. Remember that Christ loves her too, and welcomes her even when she is a bit noisy, and He will be very pleased that she is there, too. The friendships you make at church can help you keep cheerful when things seem down.

Don't give up. At the very least, your active posterity can have the work done for you. Pray and let your Father in Heaven know the righteous desires of your heart. :)