Facebook and Divorce

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars do not kill people - Car Drivers do not kill people - STUPID CAR DRIVERS kill people.

Scalpels do not perform surgeries, Surgeons perform surgeries.

Computers do not rob bank accounts. Programmers do not rob bank accounts. Hackers do not even rob bank accounts. BANK ROBBERS rob bank accounts.

At least society has the common sense to legislate and regulate inappropriate uses of the many tools you like to use as examples each time this comes up. But, you would like to ignore that people use FB inappropriately. Why? Why ignore that it can be used for ill too? What do you gain by that? Where is the harm in recognizing that it is an extremely efficient tool for inserting wedges into a marriage?

Some day anatess (if not already happened many times over), your H will find his emotional needs being met by another woman - esp those for acceptance and compassion - a lack of conflict in a relationship. It invariably will happen if you two don't have a strict code of no relationships with those of the opposite gender. [why on earth are so many LDS even debating this? - something our leaders have told us over and over not to do!!!] He will have to make a choice. And from what you relay of him, he will make the right one. But, do you honestly think it better that he be subjected to temptation and have to fight it off than to simply avoid the temptation all together?

Where is the harm in recognizing that it is an extremely efficient tool for inserting wedges into a marriage?

That's just it. No one has said it isn't a tool. But to make a blanket statement that facebook in and of itself causes rifts in marriages would be incorrect. In my foolish opinion of course.

Email is a tool. Cell phones are a tool. Many electronic gadgets that have come out are tools. But they do not cause the hurt in marriages. It's the people behind them that use them inappropriately that cause the hurt in marriages.

But, you would like to ignore that people use FB inappropriately.

I think Anatess posited the exact opposite: that is, that people use FB inappropriately. That Facebook itself isn't inappropriate.

Speaking of inappropriate, it's incredibly inappropriate for you to tell Anatess that her husband is going to cheat on her, and also to intimate that if he does, that it's her fault. You've got some balls.

Move over Wingnut..we need to make room for anatess. :P

As a computer programmer this really ticks me off. Because, I face this idiotic causation error EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Here's a personal story just today:

An executive admin calls me a few weeks ago telling me that the budget forecast reporting system (something I programmed) is broken. I go check it and I told her that the application tested out just fine. She insisted that it is broken because the forecasts for May is wrong. So, I asked her to send me a screen shot of the numbers that are wrong and to tell me what the correct number is for 2 samples. I tracked the raw data (before the program does the calculations) all the way to finance and found out some finance guy entered the wrong data. So, I sent out a request for the finance people to correct it... it's been 2 weeks and still it hasn't gotten corrected.

Anyway... for the past 2 weeks - the issue got escalated all the way up the chain to the big shot VP's with the Issue Description being - I.T. PROBLEM: THE BUDGET FORECAST REPORTING SYSTEM IS BROKEN. I.T. has my name as the support personnel for that system and so I get dinged every single day that the ticket is in my queue... drives me insane.

But yeah, Facebook hurts marriages. Whatever. Go talk to the finance department, will ya?

Speaking of inappropriate, it's incredibly inappropriate for you to tell Anatess that her husband is going to cheat on her, and also to intimate that if he does, that it's her fault. You've got some balls.

You need to read more carefully before being ADD impulsive.