50 Fattiest foods in the US

pam

All these pictures are kinda gross. I'm not against meat, I'm not against a good burger or bacon, but we always go too far - and this from a girl who used to order pre-cooked bacon from Omaha Steaks and eat it out of the bag. Looking at those photos makes me glad to be vegan. I can't imagine (or rather, I can imagine) the long term health effects from eating food like this all the time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic:

I'm an omnivore myself; I cut way down on all my meat consumption. Although, I'm a major bread guy.

;)

Omnivore = An organism that eats both plants and animals.

Being diabetic, weight loss is an ongoing thing- I love breads- carbs. Try counting carbs rather than just cutting back on meats. 45 carbs per meal. Um, as a man, you would do 50 to 60 carbs per meal. Protein (meats) 15/20 carbs= 4 oz. Bread/Pasta/Potatoes i.e. Starch =15/20 carbs. Add 5 grams of fat per meal, and then 15/20 carbs of veggies. Basically any veggie that is eaten raw is zero carbs. Remember corn and peas are NOT veggies, they are starch. Use the diet and foods per the American Diabetic Assoc.

My little brother decided to eat only Lean Cuisine meals- he never lost a pound and his blood sugars were always high. They are low fat/calorie not low carbs. I eat Marie Callendar meals- BUT I am careful which ones I get. I also add more veggies and/or tossed salads.

I am addicted to carbs and I am also a fast food junkie. One order of french fries and I have blown the carbs quota- won't even go into the burgers, tenders, tacos, etc. One 12 oz bottle of Root Beer has 97.5 carbs! That is equal to 2 meals.

:offtopic:

Omnivore = An organism that eats both plants and animals.

Being diabetic, weight loss is an ongoing thing- I love breads- carbs. Try counting carbs rather than just cutting back on meats. 45 carbs per meal. Um, as a man, you would do 50 to 60 carbs per meal. Protein (meats) 15/20 carbs= 4 oz. Bread/Pasta/Potatoes i.e. Starch =15/20 carbs. Add 5 grams of fat per meal, and then 15/20 carbs of veggies. Basically any veggie that is eaten raw is zero carbs. Remember corn and peas are NOT veggies, they are starch. Use the diet and foods per the American Diabetic Assoc.

My little brother decided to eat only Lean Cuisine meals- he never lost a pound and his blood sugars were always high. They are low fat/calorie not low carbs. I eat Marie Callendar meals- BUT I am careful which ones I get. I also add more veggies and/or tossed salads.

I am addicted to carbs and I am also a fast food junkie. One order of french fries and I have blown the carbs quota- won't even go into the burgers, tenders, tacos, etc. One 12 oz bottle of Root Beer has 97.5 carbs! That is equal to 2 meals.

:mellow::mellow::mellow:

There were way to many numbers in there.

All I know is if I'm hungry, I'll grab a frozen burrito.

The meds I'm on now kill my appetite so sometimes I'll forget to eat and as soon as food hits my lips, I'll get desperate. So I have snacks next to me all the time. Snacks like nuts and pretzels. Otherwise, I won't eat a thing all day then eat 2# of spaghetti at night.

Well I am in Idaho and looked at the baked potato and yes I like the sour cream a little fake butter and salt and pepper on mine and no I don't eat them much.

Most of the others I would need to be back on construction or a farm working to keep the weight down.

People wonder from other countries sometimes wonder why Americans are fat just look at the food we like and it becomes very clear.

One of my favorite meals is Egg Plant Parmesan the only really bad thing in it is the cheese and you can use what ever cheese you like so it is a good meal.

Yes I eat meat just a lot less then 20 years ago

Some friends and I drove from Colorado Springs, CO to South Jordan, UT just to go to In and Out. I'd never been and I have to say, it was well worth it. I got to see Temple Square too. Then we went back and ate at In and Out again. Then we drove down 15 to 70 and back home through three different blizzards. Fun times. I think the next time we try something like that, we'll do it in the summer. :P

As a Californian, I think In n Out has the best burgers for fast food, and my favorite way to get a Double Double or cheeseburger there is "animal style." My favorite thing to dip fries in is just ketchup, or on rare occasions, ranch dressing. No, I don't eat that food all the time, as I tend to stick to a healthy diet most of the time, and I'm also a gym rat.

To me, those Utah scones are known as fry bread, and I've had them at different places sold as the base to "Indian" tacos, Indian being Native American. When I think of a scone, I think of a dense pastry with fruit, served with clotted cream and jam.

Edited by ADoyle90815

• 4 weeks later...

New York: Garbage plate.

While New York–style cheesecake tops the list of fatty regional specialties, the Empire State is also home to the “garbage plate,” a mess of potatoes, beans, meat, onions, mustard, and sauce that reportedly got its start at Rochester, N.Y. eatery Nick Tahou Hots in 1918.

I've been to Nick Tahous :) I live right in the area. And, I've had 2 in my life :) I didn't find them that fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with this post and in fact this discription of the mention in this site is responsible for

people being fat. If the the people of the state tru to avoid these food thy will live healthy life.