The Swedish Psalmer

I've been looking everywhere for one book, in fact, I don't even need a book. I simply need to find out the hymns for the Swedish LDS people. I need to learn a few and I want to be sure they are the current ones. The church website has no information (at least none I could find) about the hymn book for that language. I have seen a few listings for the book on Amazon and such, but I don't have the time to wait for it to be sent nor the money to get it sent. In particular, I'm looking for the 2002 published Psalmer Jesu Kristi Kyrka Av Sista Dagars Heliga. If anyone can direct me to a (preferably printable) digital copy of the book, I would be quite grateful!

• 1 year later...

Hey, I have lots of LDS Swedish hymnals (well, three to be sure), from really old to the current one you mentioned:

Zions sånger, 1910

Hymner, 1948/1985

Psalmer, 1993 (© 1992 / 2002)

I believe you can get the 1910 one online, but the other two are pretty unlikely unless the Church has put them up itself.

What did you want to know? The new one does have several Christmas songs in that the English hymnal doesn't. It may have some others besides. I've transcribed a few of the 1910 ones (since they're public domain) and put them up on HymnWiki, as well as loads of Swedish hymns from non-LDS public domain hymnals.

Most of the songs in the newest Swedish hymnal are translations of the same hymns we have in the English hymnal, however.

You can order a Swedish hymnal from the Distrubution Center. Doing it from the website may be difficult, however. Just give them a call:

1-800-537-5971 (press 1 for English and 3 to place an order by phone)

They'll probably be able to get you the Swedish hymnal just by asking for a Swedish hymnal. However, you may need the language code (probably not). Shipping is free. The book is probably between $4–7.

Edited by markd