Henry B. Eyring - Saturday a.m. session

God has commanded us to lift of those in need.

Blessings come to those who see those in need and act upon it.

The Church is celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Church’s welfare program.

Everyone is happier and feels more self respect when they can provide for themselves and their families and then reach out to help others.

They way to have a surplus is to spend less than is earned.

A person cannot give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf in return.

Draw your family into the work with you so they can learn to care of their family as they do for others.

Seek out the poor.

In honor of the 75th anniversary of the welfare program, members worldwide will be invited to participate in a day of service. In planning your service:

Prepare yourself and those you lead spiritually.

Choose as recipients of your service people whose needs will touch the hearts of those who will give the service and the people they service will feel their love. So we are not feeding only their temporal needs.

Plan to draw on the power of the bonds of families, communities, quorum organizations. Feelings of unity will multiple the good effects of service you give.

I noticed they made a change to not only the video of his talk but to the written. He mentioned the Teton Dam breaking in 1966 but it was 1976. I watched the video again and you can tell they edited it. His mouth doesn't match what is being said. I remember thinking as he said it..Wait..it was in 1976...a year after I was at Ricks.