Dieter F. Uchtdorf - Priesthood session

The priesthood is much more than just a name or a title.

Heavenly Father entrusts this power and responsibility as evidence of his great love of us. It also is a foreshadowing of our potential as sons of God in the hereafter.

When you read the scriptures and listen to the voices of the prophets, the Lord will tell you how to live up to your Priesthood privileges.

Read the owners manual: Priesthood holders need to reread Sections 20,84,107 and 121 of the Doctrine and Covenants.

President Uchtdorf counseled Priesthood holders to gain and education and become and expert in your field.

Seek the revelations of the spirit: A sure testimony requires more than knowledge - requires personal revelation.

There are those that believe but don't know what they believe.

Revelation and testimony do not always come with overwhelming force.

Find joy in Priesthood Service: Are you merely going through the motions but not experiencing the joy?

Our religion is a joyful one.

As bearers of the priesthood, let us never become hardened to the wonder and awe of what the Lord has entrusted to us.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently rereading the Owners manual as Pres. Uchtdorf counseled us to do. It is amazing how clearly things our laid out and what is expected of Priesthood holders.

Last Fall there was a world Priesthood leadership training. That was when they introduced the new edition of the handbook. President Monson told us that on many occasions he had to put a stop to changes of ordinances and traditions and superstitions seeping into the priesthood such as using candles on the sacrament table and holding group visiting teaching sessions. Things MUST be spelled out word for word and letter for letter in the handbook.

After this training, many changes took place in my own ward. Bishop told us that we needed to be strict in compliance with the new handbook. I was surprised to see many committees dissolved that we had supported for years- none of which were mentioned in the handbook but were upheld mostly for the sake of tradition. It is amazing how quickly the gospel and ordinances thereof can be changed and corrupted, even in strong LDS communities. Truly we are lost without revelation! Oh how I thank our Father in Heaven for prophets today!