A Man Called Trent by Louis L’Amour

Dr T

A Man Called Trent by Louis L’Amour

Why I picked this book up: I really like the Louis L’Amour westerns since reading Hondo and others like Last of the Breed so I jumped on this one.

Why I finished this book: This book started off ok, a man with two kids he came upon set the stage but it was really about freedom, virtues, the American culture, tough as nails type, not giving up in the face of adversity and others trying to chase “nesters” off their own property, loyalty and there was his woman. It was worth the read even though it was not one of my favorites I’ve read of his to this point. It’s still worth reading but I kind of lost interest during the fight with the prize fighter in some ways I guess but I don’t know, maybe the fight part was interesting enough to finish it but not because of the boxing but the reason and way he went into the fight, the money, winning the people over and talking to the officials about the land issues.

Rating: I’d give this book a 3 star rating out of 5 stars. If you want a quick read that is a pretty predictable, classic western, I’d pick this up if one of his others like the two I mentioned above weren’t available.