LDS Baby Names

marshac

My wife wants to do the Book of Mormon thing for the middle names of our sons (should we have any).

So far, we've dodged the issue by having girls.

No, no... that's WHY you are getting girls. If you change that plan and have Ceasar Agustus as the name if it's a boy, then you'll have a boy! As it is - the boy sperms are scared they'll be called Gadianton!

• 4 weeks later...

When my older sister was on the way, my parents were in the middle of picking a name for her. My uncle suggested the name Denise. Mom liked it until he went on to say that when the next boy came around, he could be called Denephew...

BoM names....Abish, Aha, Aiath, Amnah, Amnigaddah, Arpad, Carchemish, Cumom, Desolation, Gazelem, Gimgimno, Hamath, Hermounts, Jacobugath, Jeberechiah, Laish, Lehonti, Madmenah, Ogath, Opher, Rezin, Ripliancum, Shearjashub, Shimnilon, Shurr, Tarshish, Tubaloth, Zenephi, Zerin....They do just roll off the tongue, don't they....

A friend of mine on Fb named her son Moroni. :gnash:

I don't mind some biblical names but they're not for us and we won't be naming our child after any of them :]

My ex is named Moroni. Bad idea. His teacher at school called him Moroni Macaroni. Besides, take off the "i" and you have moron! That is to much for anyone to endure!! That guy still at age 35 has tons if issues with his name.

Pam, my oldest two sons were originaly named Michael and Matthew but by the ages of 2 or 3 I renamed them to Seek and Destroy. The oldest would find it, and his younger brother would break it. It did not matter what it was, it was smashed. We live in the deep south and have friends who name thier kids Porkchop or T-Bone but it doesn't really matter what a parent names a child legally because of the "Granny Law". When a child is born and is given to the Granny to hold what ever name she gives it is legally what the child WILL be called, at least until the age of 21 if not forever. That's what we do down here in deep south Georgia USA. :)

Just to make sure, it's still ok to name kids and pets after Star Trek characters, right?

Little Seven of Nine would be very sad to hear otherwise.

Spock has already been taken..

Maybe V'ger or Mudd.

Altho if you didn't want one that didn't sound too terribly cheesy, maybe Chang.

Well I've gotta say, being Honor has been pretty cool. Different enough but not as weird as some. I have a friend from high school that named her son Beowulf and they call him Beo. They have their reasons, but it's pretty fun to read her stories about messages left on their voice mail like, "I'm calling to confirm the doctors appointment for...... your son..... next Wednesday." I laugh, but still hope that the kid has enough of a sense of humor to roll with it.