Law of Chastity and Masturbation

JThimm88

On this board, the person making a claim as fact has the burden of proof. Unless you can provide that burden of proof any claim to fact is null and void.

Please see the post immediately prior to this one.

I also can, by this standard, claim - and I'm not actually making this claim, understand - that you did not attend church today, as you cannot produce documentation of it. Some charity ought to prevail in such discussions among brothers and sisters in Christ, right?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it doesn't stand on its own, because it's got nothing to stand on.

Then you've defined yourself outside of this conversation, having revealed you did not read the thread in its entirety, and I guess have excused me from having to respond to any more of your posts.

You might try granting that I don't have evil intentions - but it seems the "thou shalt not judge" board guideline is overlooked so long as someone takes a sufficiently unpopular position.

Please see the post immediately prior to this one.

I also can, by this standard, claim - and I'm not actually making this claim, understand - that you did not attend church today, as you cannot produce documentation of it. Some charity ought to prevail in such discussions among brothers and sisters in Christ, right?

If I had a scanner I could actually provide proof of it as I was on the program.

As long as the charity only needs to be extended to you, not received from you, you mean?

I'm willing to grant many things. I've noticed you tend to sneer at me very frequently. Is that the standard I should aspire to?

You might try granting that I don't have evil intentions - but it seems the "thou shalt not judge" board guideline is overlooked so long as someone takes a sufficiently unpopular position.

Oh... my... word...

If I had a scanner I could actually provide proof of it as I was on the program.

And, of course, you get my point. So why not cut me a little slack - when I read that stuff years ago, how could I possibly know I would be required to provide it years later?

Then you've defined yourself outside of this conversation, having revealed you did not read the thread in its entirety, and I guess have excused me from having to respond to any more of your posts.

And I'll now refer here.

That is unfortunate. Even when I disagree with someone, I don't assume them to be apostate.

Have you no charity, even for those who you deem to be enemies?

Dealing with you reminds me of dealing with the standard bully.

I never said you were apostate. Interesting how quickly that word came to your mind when you sought a word to describe yourself, though.

I told you how sorry I feel for you. Is that not sufficient "charity" for you? I also never said anything about being anyone's enemy. Your choice of that word is quite telling.

Anyone else have anything else to say? This thread is going absolutely nowhere.

My husband just got back from his mother's without the "amazing dessert" I was promised.

My kids can be incredibly loud for small people.

I don't know whether I should return to college, or not, but I have a few years to decide.

Elephants are neat.