Osama Bin Laden's last facebook post:

skippy740

I get the humor... but the funny bone doesn't tingle when it's insensitive.

Because, you know, it's kinda funny how the emaciated children of Ethiopia has big stomachs... yet, I don't find it funny because they are emciated children.

It's kinda like how Eddie Murphy is supposed to be funny but I can't find it funny because I have to wade through the foul language that just shuts down the senses... Kinda like that.

Making mental note: no sarcasm or satire humor on religous forums.

Check.

Meh, I don't find it that funny and it's not because the humor is being overpowered by outrage. Of course I found the pictures of the twin towers billowing smoke on the news with the ticker headlines edited to read, "New York legalizes marijuana" hilarious so I'm not a stranger to the idea of 'inappropriate' humor.

Now an edited Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with the kill announcement reading "Navy Seal (picture of M4) Osama Bin Laden." would probably get a chuckle out of me.

Well, I laughed. Then I went back and re-read it and laughed again.

I was disturbed by the "cheering in the streets" because it reminded me of the ME "cheering in the streets" after 9/11 happened. I couldn't see a huge difference.

So I guess humor is inexplicable.

You know what's really crazy... I told my husband about the Book of Mormon musical... and explained the plot to him. And he can't stop laughing! You got to understand, I am not a jokester at all - I can't deliver a good joke without ruining the punch line. Anyway, my husband was laughing at just my meager summary of the plot. For some reason, I don't understand why he thought it was so funny, I was expecting him to be outraged by the poor portrayal of the LDS missionary effort...

Anyway, now he is wanting to go see it - so I guess we're headed for New York this year.

You know what's really crazy... I told my husband about the Book of Mormon musical... and explained the plot to him. And he can't stop laughing! You got to understand, I am not a jokester at all - I can't deliver a good joke without ruining the punch line. Anyway, my husband was laughing at just my meager summary of the plot. For some reason, I don't understand why he thought it was so funny, I was expecting him to be outraged by the poor portrayal of the LDS missionary effort...

Anyway, now he is wanting to go see it - so I guess we're headed for New York this year.

The mere title of the production doesn't interest me. But what's the big fuss about this? If the majority of LDS agree it isn't blasphamous, what causes it to be so offensive? Is there explicit language used? Cos you don't have to be LDS so find that offensive.

Sorry off topic! Back on topic :) I still get a chuckle out of the OP and various other ObL pokes :)