May 11, 2011 - It is glorious to have a calling

pam

“It is glorious to be a member. It is glorious to have any office or calling in the Church, no matter how relatively humble the title may sound. I am impressed constantly with the fact that, regardless of our calling, we are all encouraged, we are all dedicated, and we are all working in the service of the Master.”

—Henry D. Moyle, Conference Report, October 1961, p.43

I enjoy having a calling. I've had "Sunday callings" before and callings in which I felt completely useless. Today and the last two weeks, I almost wish I had one of those. I've had to fight so many battles the last few weeks in my calling. I just hope that by the end of this particular spell, I will be able to see personal growth. I know that those under my stewardship will be better because of the decisions I'm making -- I just hope that I will be, too.

You aren't sounding like a downer. We all have our moments and wonder if what we are doing really is worth anything. I think that's why so many times we are called to the calling we are. It's more to teach and strengthen us. Hang in there.