In case you get raptured tomorrow...

...These people are the sort who will believe anything, after all...

As opposed to those who just believe that God the Father and Jesus (God the Son) appeared to a teenage boy almost 200 hundred years ago? :huh:

M.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to those who just believe that God the Father and Jesus (God the Son) appeared to a teenage boy almost 200 hundred years ago? :huh:

This is a timely reminder that those who live in glass houses ought not throw stones. Personally, I see nothing particularly strange about believing that God might appear to a teenage boy 200 years ago or an adult woman 2000 years ago or an old prophet today. But others might.

My point was not to mock or even make fun (believe it or not). I was just wondering about the mindset of those involved. When they wake up, unRaptured, on Saturday morning, do they immediately accept that as prima facie evidence that the Rapture didn't happen? If so, they are either unaccountably confident of their own cleanliness before God or (more likely) their theology somehow "guarantees" them of a sure-Rapture-get-out-of-Hell-free card.

I'm not making fun of the event itself but what I do find, for lack of a better word, dumb, is how people are reacting about it. They said on the news today people had quit their jobs, sold everything they had including their houses, and things of that nature. So when this fails to happen there will be a lot of people with literally nothing. No homes, no job, nothing.

However, this is the flaw I see in this "prophecy": It's said to take place on May 21, 2011. In some parts of the world today is May 21 while in other parts of the world May 21 is tomorrow.

Edited by apexviper13

M.

I was referencing more to the idea that they will follow wherever a foolish man and their earthly reasoning will lead them as opposed to relying on God for truth, especially considering the fuzzy math and shaky biblical evidence that was used to come up with this, but it's apparent now that what I meant wasn't clear enough. My apologies.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

I'm not purposely or willfully making fun of anyone, but I haven't met a single person who is taking this thing seriously.

I do feel bad for those who are...

Will this be faith-shattering if nothing happens?

In all honesty, this might be a good thing. They could realize their mistake in casting their faith into this guy who's made predictions before and was horribly wrong and search for correct principles instead. Of course, the opposite is also another serious possibility.

However, this is the flaw I see in this "prophecy": It's said to take place on May 21, 2011. In some parts of the world today is May 21 while in other parts of the world May 21 is tomorrow.

Midnight, Jerusalem time.

For the academics and students among us:

Q: With the rapture coming, should I bother working on my final paper?

A: Yes. The odds are you will not be judged worthy of ascent to heaven, in which case your grades will still be a basis of judgment for rewards in this earthly sphere.

Q: What if my instructor is raptured?

A: None of our instructors bear much chance of being judged worthy. However, on the off chance your instructor is chosen, an army of unemployed secular Marxists is waiting to take his/her place.

Q: If my mother/father/grandfather/grandmother/favorite aunt/etc. is chosen, will I be excused from the final so that I may mourn his/her loss?

A: No. They have not died, but been granted eternal life, thus this does not count as a case of a death in the family.

Q: If my instructor is not raptured, is he really fit to judge me?

A: Yes, seeing as you were not raptured, you are still subject to the earthly judgment of the unsaved. If/when you are redeemed, a change of grade form will be automatically processed by heavenly authorities if they decide your grade was unfairly given by one of the damned.

Q: If my computer crashes and my printer breaks and there is no email on account of the rapture, will I be able to get an extension on the paper?

A: Everyone in tech and IT departments is of Satan’s party, so the internet, your computer, and your printer should continue to work the way they always have: sporadically.

Q: How will the rapture affect your curving, particularly if raptured students are exempt from final tests/papers?

A: Final grades are not curved, but students who are taken up in the rapture will be given incompletes, just in case.

SpoonBlog Blog Archive FAQ for my Students: The Rapture

Q: If my computer crashes and my printer breaks and there is no email on account of the rapture, will I be able to get an extension on the paper?

A: Everyone in tech and IT departments is of Satan’s party, so the internet, your computer, and your printer should continue to work the way they always have: sporadically.

Welp, that answers it for me. I'm stuck here.

The "Rapture" already happened.

Moses 7:18 And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even ZION.

Moses 7:19 And it came to pass that Enoch talked with the Lord; and he said unto the Lord: Surely Zion shall dwell in safety forever. But the Lord said unto Enoch: Zion have I blessed, but the residue of the people have I cursed.

Moses 7:20 And it came to pass that the Lord showed unto Enoch all the inhabitants of the earth; and he beheld, and lo, Zion, in process of time, was taken up into heaven. And the Lord said unto Enoch: Behold mine abode forever.

I do believe in one at the end of the world when the earth is renewed but no one will be left behind when that one happens.:cool:

As much as we joke about it - Translation looks to me to be a doctrine very similar to the Rapture. The only difference is - how soon before Jesus comes will translation or rapture take place?

The Traveler