In case you get raptured tomorrow...

Blackmarch, I understood that as I typed that last post. The scripture contains passages that declare God's sovereignty and his knowledge of our future decisions. Others that warn us of the perils of apostasy and sin. God knows and He is faithful to those who cling to Him. And yet, there is a place for righteous anger towards false teaching, confusion, and blatant heresy. I am sensing more and more that as a generation, we have lost the ability to be angry at sin.

Now that this teacher has rationalized his error, and is pursuing it with a vengeance, I sense this may be a matter of spiritual pride. At some time over the weekend this fellow went from discouragement and shame to willful pride.

I am willing to be wrong. I hope I am. There is yet time...he can repent and receive God's mercy. In the mean time, I fear he is leading those who roots are not developed into permanent apostasy.

I think the people are just as angry at sin today as ever before - just the other guy's sins and not our own.

The Traveler

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traveler...I'm not so sure. "No one can judge. Who's to say? It's between him/her and God..." I see an increasing resistance to any kind of definitive discernment. The postmodern ear hears judgment in any propositional statement said with confidence, and without qualification. Perhaps the most prolific acronym in the blogshere is IMHO (in my humble opinion).

Maybe people get angry when the other guy's sin impacts them directly--such as the sinning of cutting off they driver-neighbor. Otherwise, morality has become very much laisse faire.