Quick observation on the Israelites and snakes

MrShorty

One of my favorite stories from the OT is where the Lord sends serpents to to bite the Israelites, then Moses makes the brass serpent, and whoever looks on Moses's serpent is healed (Numbers 21:6-9). In vs. 7, the Israelites ask that the serpents be taken away. I guess it struck me that, rather than removing the serpents as requested, the Lord provided an alternate "salvation." The serpents remain, but the Israelites need not be killed, by looking to God for deliverance.

I guess in someways, life is like that. Rather than removing/eliminating sources of sin or difficulty in our lives, God provides a way to overcome the trials and temptations that we face. As described so well by Alma (Alma 33), the serpent created by Moses is symbolic of Jesus.

Hidden

Recently read through Gideon's story (Judges 6). It is interesting to me that Gideon "got away" with asking for the signs that he did. A few things about Gideon that maybe make it ok? Most of those who are condemned for seeking signs are seeking for proof of God's existence. In Gideon's case, he had no doubt that God existed and could perform marvelous works in his life. However, Gideon was being asked (and would later be asked) to lead the Israelites in battle (in one case with no more than 300 men). He needed something more than "I think God might have called me to lead this people" in order to accomplish what he was called to do. If God called me to do something difficult, I would want some kind of experience that would confirm to my heart and mind that I really was called of God.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the story can be applied to our lives in moments as well. For example, everyone will experience trials of some kind, be it minor and inconvenient to life-threatening such as the snakes were. I find it very educational that the Lord chose to provide a way through the pain and difficulty, rather than around it.

Too many times we seek deliverance from suffering when we don't realize that often the suffering helps us learn more about ourselves and God than any other experience we could have.

• 4 months later...

I like your thinking..

My good friend Rodney Meldrum and I were recently speaking about this. Incase you are not familiar with who he is he is the president and founder of the FIRM foundation. (Foundation of Indegineous Research and Mormonism)

I sent him an email talking about the legend of Quatzacoatl of Central america (who some members say is Christ) Here is a copy of what i sent.

"The feathered serpent legends of central america and Quatzecoatl are also quite fascinating. I read that 100 times and never really realized what it was saying. A feathered serpent is a "snake in the sky". The key is the snake. Then realizing the connection to the Astronomically built snake effigy in Ohio. Then a further connection with the symbolic snake of Eden, Serpent in the wilderness, and the sign of Moses and his staff unto PHAROAH (EGYPT) by turning it into a serpent. "

(Incase you are not familiar with the snake effigy in Ohio, it was built by the former inhabitants of the American Continent and it astronomically aligns with all Lunar equinoxes keeping track of seasons)

He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. (PSALMS 104:19)

Posted Image

His reply was: (EMPHASIS ON THE LAST STATEMENT) "I, too, find the Egyptian (and Hebrew) influence in N.A. to be strong evidence for the Book of Mormon's historicity. It makes some sense that the Jaredites would have known astronomy, based, like you mention, on the fact that they came from the Tower of Babel. However, I don't think it can be established that the pyramids were build by any Lamanites, but rather they were built by Asians who were in the America's long before Lehi's group. Modern Mayan's have no genetic signatures linking them with any lineages except Asiatic ones. As I stated in my DVD's...I think that the Maya (and others) worship of The Feathered Serpent is actualy a result of another visit by Christ to his 'other sheep' mentioned in the book. You are right, the serpent is sybolic of Christ which is why Satan tried to fool father Adam and mother Eve while in the garden and appearing to them as a snake, also why the snake became the sign of Christ on the cross in Moses' day, etc. Serpents cannot grow without shedding their old skins, which resembles our need for renewal of our covenants during the sacrament etc. to grow. Lots of great stuff, but I'm tuckered out, and must go hit the hay."

Hopefully you enjoyed his analogy with the snake and Christ as much as I did. ^^

Edited by ConvinceTheWorld

• 8 months later...

One of my favorite stories from the OT is where the Lord sends serpents to to bite the Israelites, then Moses makes the brass serpent, and whoever looks on Moses's serpent is healed (Numbers 21:6-9). In vs. 7, the Israelites ask that the serpents be taken away. I guess it struck me that, rather than removing the serpents as requested, the Lord provided an alternate "salvation." The serpents remain, but the Israelites need not be killed, by looking to God for deliverance.

I guess in someways, life is like that. Rather than removing/eliminating sources of sin or difficulty in our lives, God provides a way to overcome the trials and temptations that we face. As described so well by Alma (Alma 33), the serpent created by Moses is symbolic of Jesus.

With this particular event, it's noteworthy that had God simply answered their requests in v. 7, those who had been bit would still die. However, with His answer/way provided, everyone could be saved.

• 11 months later...
Guest brornBamb
Hidden

And, as more and more companies move larger portions of their advertising budgets to internet marketing, there is an even greater demand for their skills. If the needs from the clients can't be met, then such would be the only time that sales reps may have to return to their hand calculators. Ppc Services Scripting Success Tales Within The Internet Business World Tae Bo is an exercise featuring kicking and punching. lululemon sale Outdoors of this, Facebook is the greatest choice. The most typical and simplest approach to cleaning silver jewellery both at home and getting rid of tarnish is cleaning silver jewellery with baking soda. Quite a few of you need to have carried a Coach Handbag. Whatever the future holds, it holds. toms outlet They're most breathtaking handbags than every other handbags based in the market. Espresso is likely one of the world hottest drinks and extra suppliers are catering to the wants of an ever-rising demand. Don't feel guilty for taking a day off to get your life back in balance. Your lover could be reliable not just for excellence within the execution of projects associated with the effective use of solar power however their prices structure is competitive too. toms on sale These laptop pillows from Intelligent Forms, however, are pillows, meaning they are soft enough to help keep in your lap to have an extended period. Found on the internet Jade Jewellery Purchase that focus on home and backyard decor, which will provide you with great values on the huge number of merchandise. Should you may need just the fundamental features, you do not need to spend a sizable amount of cash to obtain a quality grill. If you purchase an aftermarket battery instead of choosing the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) you might want to calibrate it, but that does not tough either. lululemon online Two limited version watches have been created to commemorate the 50th anniversary in the Aston Martin triumph within the 24-hour Le Guys race. Veterans happen to be exposed to very noisy noises frequently, in training exercises as well as in war zones. The safety product is also helpful for tracks of safety and health, factory production monitoring, sport activity tracks, factory monitoring and event watching etc. You possibly can also take the price into consideration because most fake handbags are going to be priced much lower than their authentic counterparts. clarisonic Ever thought about posting your advertisements on ecommerce websites for immediate results? You'll want learned about the Hollywood celebs or any other renowned personas like The famous host oprah Winfrey who've reduced how much they weigh with the aid of liquid diets. The interface is extremely easy to use and enables the clients to find the quantity of bottles, starting time and date from the delivery too. Babies themselves might not be too conscious of fashion issues, but grown ups who discover their whereabouts are. nike free run

Guest brornBamb
Hidden

caption = "beats by dr dre"] [/ caption] beats by dr dre conception tasses Beats écouteurs sont parfaitement accessoires de mode ust pour les adolescents. Comme nous le savons, certaines marques lignes que: Première t Ã* la mode; forasmuch sincères d'un fusible Casque f. Compatibilité: Pour tout appareil que vous achetez, il est impératif d'analyser et de vérifier la compatibilité avec Un élément qui était autrefois commune sera un grand succès quand vous le sport d'aujourd'hui dans une situation d'affaires ou sociales. Un sac Ã* main serré raccord court contre votre corps peut vous faire paratre plus grand que vous êtes. Si vous portez quelque chose de lumineux il suffit de jumeler avec un fard Ã* paupières vert menthe et de la peinture Ã* ongles. Vous y trouverez de gros membres des associations pour le produit Ã* peu près tous qui a une présence de vente au détail. Pour la norme d'usine, si une bourse ne satisfait pas aux exigences Vuitton elle est endommagée. pour le prix le plus bas en comparant les prix proposés par les magasins les mieux notés Pochettes d'escompte en ligne. La durée plus longue et les dessins typiques sont les symboles d'un grand nombre de l'ATV Polaris. ?Ce sont les ��tapes de base dans la conception de vos propres dossiers personnalis��s. chaussures jordan faire sentir comme vous prenez un lourd poids sur votre tête.Le film reprend cette question des produits de base comme sa principale préoccupation, et les événements qui en résultent peuvent ê seulement dans notre boutique en ligne, bienvenue Ã* acheter pour obtenir le plus d'escompte et profiter de la livraison gratuite. Il est généralement recommandé que vous ne faites pas vos propres l'espace» et façonné son premier projet indépendant comme William Smith Design: une collection de meubles et d'accessoires en acajou et en béton. Deborah-gouvernement de l'État de Victoria wilka profiter sur les traces des Fab Four de Liverpool Ã* partir de leurs maisons d'enfance aux barres ils ont joué Ã* leurs débuts et où John et Paul se sont rencontrés. Utilisation Beats euls par Dr longchamps Son expédition] a découvert et a indiqué environ les limites de bassin Kane et de la partie sud de Kanal Kennedy. Vêtements de plein air en laine offre également un niveau complètement différent de confort et de polyvalence qui n'est tout simplement pas disponible avec la toison. Lorsque theResolutewas brisé, la reine Victoria avait un bureau massif fabriqué Ã* partir de ses bois et envoyé comme un cadeau aux états-Unis Toutefois, avec ce point, une personne peut voir qu'ils seront d'obtenir un article qui est plein de qualité. L'emblème essentiel peut faire de chaque LV fourre-tout venu Ã* l'existence, en fournissant la radiance sacs Ã* main ainsi que l'apparence, il mérite. Si une réplique Louis Vuitton sac Ã* main est un signe de got et de la mode, il est aussi un symbole de statut social et la reconnaissance. Mais psychologiquement, l'influence de l'équilibre changement réel, en général besoin d'une génération ou deux, le temps d'être pleinement accepté. Sacs Vuitton, viandes naturelles vois pas de jardin ou même de couture fonctionne pas correctement sur chaque côté de votre sac en plastique support respectif. Tags: sacs Ã* main designer, exacthandbag, Ã* main Louis Vuitton, porté. Mais si cela est vrai pour vous dépend vraiment de la forme des pieds. Il n'existe pas de «droit» de chaussures pour tout le monde. Chaque concepteur a une taille différente et la forme de rieurs afin que vous puissiez entendre plus de la musique jouée surtout Ã* la baisse des volumes.Beats By Dr Dre conception qui Coupes Parfaitement caption id = "" align = "aligncenter" width = "205" air max vous dépensez réellement chose Ã* considérer Ã* UGG Boots Nightfall 5359, vous aurez besoin tout au long de leur complète de charme, sexy, mode et de noblesse. Ils sont produits en peau de mouton gel et de se mêler Ã* la quantité la plus étonnante de simplicité.Pourquoi chaussures Christian Louboutin sont toujours considérés comme des instantanés RelookingStyles belles Dans Styles une belle structure de blanc sur difficile, les belles sculptures et lustres dans le hall et le théâtre lui-même est un miracle de la dorure et de velours. Low Cost sacs Ã* main Louis Vuitton - budget et de décider ensuite sur les gammes de prix. L'achat en ligne vous donne la possibilité de choisir les chaussures de votre choix préféré éviter les tracas du magasinage dans la foule et nike free run 3 Lorsque vous trouvez un morceau authentique en stock, ne soyez pas surpris si les guerres de prix ont commencé. Louis Vuitton souhaite être impliqué dans le noble symbole, tout comme ce sac Louis Vuitton Berkeley. Un peu plus loin que les magasins haut de gamme Ã* proximité de votre centre de Milan htel, le quartier Navigli avec ses canaux pittoresques vaut le voyage. Certains mots et des lignes ont d être remplacés et changé parce qu'ils ne sonnait pas bien. Louis Vuitton, comme étant une marque de renommée planète, est témoin des variations différentes au cours d'une énorme quantité de sacs Ã* main Ã* travers le monde. Les deux d'entre eux ont gagné beaucoup de popularité et ils sont identifiés comme l'emblème classique des nombreux modèles. En fait, personne d'autre que pour vous et votre carte de crédit sauront que votre version n'est pas authentique. Situé au cur de la bande, ce centre commercial dispose d'une piste de 80 pieds escamotable pour les défilés de mode qui circulent régulièrement. Des thats true, les marques ne meurent jamais, mais dans le monde de l'Internet, il est très difficile de maintenir pendant une longue période. Les sacs garder vos choses en toute sécurité et le sac lui-même est une bonne chose d'avoir. Authentique Louis Vuitton de sortie a maintenant 2000 abonnés dans les émirats arabes unis et 5000 adeptes sur Facebook. Sacs Louis Vuitton sont pour la plupart demandé par les clients qui sont conscients de la qualité et je voulais créer une impression durable sur les autres. Quand on veut dépenser de l'argent sur un produit Fendi concepteur authentique vous disposez d'un large éventail de choix. Lorsque vous magasinez en ligne, vous pouvez visiter une grande variété de magasins et ont beaucoup plus de choix. Si vous avez vraiment touché le jackpot, vous pouvez même vous offrir une nouvelle voiture rutilante chez le concessionnaire Penske Wynn Ferrari Maserati. Une partie importante de n'importe quel ensemble, sacs Ã* main designer peut faire ou casser votre regard entier! Il est avantageux de négocier les DVD en vrac que les péages chers Ã* destination de l'individu de gros. Lorsque le concepteur fondateur est mort, la ligne de la mode a été prise plus que par son fils, George Vuitton. La gamme de couleurs fabuleuses de ces sacs est certainement quelque chose que chaque femme peut souhaiter. Sacs Hermès sont célèbres partout dans le monde, et le meilleur exemple serait ici d'Herm sac longchamps s Birkin, LV, Gucci, et ainsi de suite, regarder pour le prix. Ã* mon avis ce sac est destiné pour les voyages, de ne pas procéder Ã* Good Morning America. Les femmes veulent fourrer tout dans leurs vos sacs Ã* main faits Ã* la main Ã* vendre, vous devez attirer l'attention des clients d'abord. Un sac Ã* main Chanel peut immédiatement requinquer votre garde-robe et l'ajouter Ã* votre personnalit créativité et d'esprit vif pour le contenu. Longchamp se compose désormais d'une variété d'accessoires en cuir y compris les portefeuilles, de l'équipement de voyage, sacs Ã* main, ceintures et rieur sous la lumière directe. Le inetsilk.com a un nombre croissant d'avantages, y compris le paiement en ligne en toute sécurité, un service rapide et Global Express, etc Ces cinq modèles de got air max femme