In ten years I'll look back and laugh. (Or not.)

Vort

Lets see, my most embaresing moment, I was in PE highschool, up for bat at first base inside the gym with tennis racket. When the ball was pitched to me, I hit it as hard as I could with both hands. I was running to second base, when half the class was on the ground laughing out loud. My teacher was bursting in Laughter and I said what?? He said your out!! LOL your out!!

See, I thought I nailed that tennis ball way to the back corner of the gym were it would get trapped by the gymnastics mats. Instead, I nailed that ball and it went square into the pitchers nuts! He was stooped over making baby steps with his eyes bulging out of his eye sockets.

I was embarrassed because I did not know ;)

LOL - I wonder if the pitcher is laughing about it now!

Lets see, my most embaresing moment, I was in PE highschool, up for bat at first base inside the gym with tennis racket. When the ball was pitched to me, I hit it as hard as I could with both hands. I was running to second base, when half the class was on the ground laughing out loud. My teacher was bursting in Laughter and I said what?? He said your out!! LOL your out!!

See, I thought I nailed that tennis ball way to the back corner of the gym were it would get trapped by the gymnastics mats. Instead, I nailed that ball and it went square into the pitchers nuts! He was stooped over making baby steps with his eyes bulging out of his eye sockets.

I was embarrassed because I did not know ;)

This reminded me of something that happened when our daughter was 4 years old. My husband had some birthday money from my grandparents and wanted to get a game for his playstation at the time. So we went to gamestop. While we were paying, we let our daughter play one of the systems they had up for customers to try a game they had in the system. After we payed, my husband we to get our daughter from the game. She didn't want to leave and punched him hard enough in his groin area (not purposely aiming for that spot obviously, lol). It was hard enough he bent over in pain. At the time there was no laughing, but we laugh at it now. Our daughter is now 11 years old and doesn't remember, but my husband and I do.

• 9 years later...

I wasn't around 10 years ago on this site.  So, I'm laughing now.

@Vort, I would offer an alternative interpretation of events.

I don't know how the locking mechanism worked at those lockers.  So, I may be off. 

I wonder if some passerby saw an open/unlocked locker with a bunch of someone's stuff and was actually afraid for you (that someone might come by and steal it).  So, as a courtesy, he shut the locker for you not realizing that it automatically locked somehow.

Still others may have done the same thing and locked it to be secure and didn't stop to consider how to give you the PIN.  You know even smart, well-meaning people can do stupid things like that.

While the end result was just as comical, the motivation behind it may have been benign.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:04 AM, Carborendum said:

I wasn't around 10 years ago on this site.  So, I'm laughing now.

@Vort, I would offer an alternative interpretation of events.

I don't know how the locking mechanism worked at those lockers.  So, I may be off. 

I wonder if some passerby saw an open/unlocked locker with a bunch of someone's stuff and was actually afraid for you (that someone might come by and steal it).  So, as a courtesy, he shut the locker for you not realizing that it automatically locked somehow.

Still others may have done the same thing and locked it to be secure and didn't stop to consider how to give you the PIN.  You know even smart, well-meaning people can do stupid things like that.

While the end result was just as comical, the motivation behind it may have been benign.

No, it was intentional. Someone put a padlock on the locker I was using. Nothing was stolen, just a prank to lock my stuff up.