17 Miracles

pam

A new movie about the Willie Handcart Company.

Doug & the Movies: '17 Miracles' - ksl.com

T.C. Christensen's new film "17 Miracles" brings the story of the Willie Handcart Company to life in a most unique and touching way. There is no way to downplay the deprivations, and that's certainly not the intent of the film makers. But to emphasize the courage and the miracles that lead to the survival of so many is refreshing and inspiring.

The movie focuses on the experiences of Levi Savage, wonderfully portrayed by Jason Wade. In the opening scenes Levi and other members of the Mormon Battalion are disposing of the remains of the Donner Party while on their trek back to Zion. To say the least, this has an indelible impact on the men and is a constant reminder to Levi what desperate people are capable of.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I just saw this movie in the theater tonight. It was very riveting. I thought they did an excellent job in portraying the faith of the Saints. They also had some humorous elements in the movie which was a nice relief.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent, excellent movie. "Brother Albert" was just the most adorable.

Kleenex is a must. What I found interesting was that even when the movie was done, even when some of the profiles of the characters at the end were done..no one moved. It was almost as if everyone had to sit and contemplate what they had just seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just received my copy of it today from Deseret.

Can't wait to see it

Seriously have kleenex. The second time I watched it I started crying before it even really started. Just knowing what was going to be going on.

I have wanted to see this since it first came out. Still haven't. Sounds like it's on DVD. Would this be a good Christmas present to either give or receive?

I think it would be an excellent Christmas present. Want to give one to me for Christmas?:lol:

• 1 month later...