The New Tolerance: How a cultural movement threatens to...by Josh McDowell & Bob Hostetler

Dr T

The New Tolerance: How a cultural movement threatens to destroy you, your faith, and your children by Josh McDowell & Bob Hostetler

Why I picked this book up: I picked it up because it was about postmodernism that I see so much and I wanted to see what it had to say about its influence in our world and particularly on our children. I see it all the time and how standing up for Christianity is not seen as ok and goes against this “tolerance” idea.

General Thoughts: This topic is interesting and thought provoking. I kept asking myself where the line really is between tolerance and intolerance as I read this book. I wondered many times, how we can teach my children how to come to right and wrong and to know the difference. I think Jesus was loving and compassionate but he was not always accepting. I think that is the difference.

Why I finished this book: I really enjoyed this book because of the topic and wanted to see how he he would try and tie it all together.

Rating: I’d give it a 4 out of 5 star rating.

Excellent topic! Post-modernism is creeping into some churches too. My thought is that Rob Bell's new book, Love Wins, is the epitome of "post-modern Christianity." For a critique, see Why we're not Emerging, by two guys who should be. It's written by two thirty-something fellows, one a pastor, the other a journalist, who have weighed Emerging Christianity, and found it vacuous.

Thank you PC. I've heard the name Rob Bell and watched a video at Bible study and it didn't sit well with me. I told the group and they looked at me agast. I have not read anything from him but I sure will. Thank you for the recs PC. :)