Beacham’s Sourcebooks for Teaching Young Adult Fiction Exploring Harry Potter by Elizabeth Schafer

Dr T

Beacham’s Sourcebooks for Teaching Young Adult Fiction Exploring Harry Potter by Elizabeth D. Schafer

Why I picked this book up: I picked up this book because I fell in love with the Harry Potter Series when they first came out. I first read the first book because a lot of children were reading them and I wanted to know what they were reading. After that first book I said, “Forget the kids, I’m reading these because they are good!” I flipped through it before I bought it and because it had so much stuff in the Potter books I decided to buy it.

General Thoughts: This book really is a sourcebook like it says in the title. This book did not cover all the Potter books but the ones it did it went deep into them.

Why I finished this book: I finished it because there were so many things that it reminded me of in the Potter books that I have not really thought much about and it brought back some fun memories of when I read them.

Rating: I’d give it a 2 out of 5 star rating.