Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo

Dr T

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo

Why I picked this book up: A few believers I know raved about this book and a friend suggested we all go pick it up. I thought my wife would like to read it so I went and bought it for her.

General Thoughts: This book was very easy to read and interesting. I was very skeptical because I thought, “If somebody saw God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, why would they ever come back to this earth?” I’m not saying I believe this child actually experienced all his father wrote about but it sure was very thought provoking. I thought “This little boy grew up in a pastor’s home and likely heard a lot of things about scripture and then psychologically, with the help of his parents, constructed what he believed to have happened” and his father had an incentive to write it to reach out to others and make some money off the book on the side. If any of you have read it I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.

Why I finished this book: I finished it because it was very interesting and Colton, the boy, knew some things he should not have known so I wanted to finish the book. It was worth the quick read and if it guides people to want to learn more about what the Bible teaches then great!

Rating: This book is hard for me to rate but if pressed I’d give it a 3 out of 5 star rating.

Yes, that sounds like the same book unless there is another book. In this one the father asked if the child saw Satan and he didn't want to talk about him at all! He claims to have met his sister that passed away while "in his mom's belly."

• 3 weeks later...