Find Destiny Norton

Jason

Makes me feel sick. I just hope he has a fun time in prison before he is put to death. From what I hear, inmates who harm children don't have the best of luck. Hopefully he won't do the solitary thing.

And yes, I do hope he is put to death. Sometimes I am torn on that issue, but this is one case where there is no doubt about what he did.

When our son was taken, the police were tipped off that this life long sex offender was in town by a nurse who treated him at one time in the pen close to were we lived.

They started looking for him right away, but the tip did not come soon enough to stop him from grabbing another boy (our oldest son)

In Canada, they separate these animals from the rest of the prison population not so much as for his safety but the heath and safety of the other inmates. Hepatitis C and HIV.

shanstress70 I hear you when you say you would back the death sentence for such a men.

At first, we were upset that Canada does not have the death sentence but after extreme presser from a letter campaign and my Member of Parliament reading, a letter I wrote to the House of Commons who passed cpoies of my sons photo around the Minister of Justice put presser on the locale Crown Attorney (DA) to seek an indictment under the Dangerous Offenders act. Those are locked up for life not having to commit murder but so Dangerous

He will never be let out again.

In my sons case the monster plead guilty and did not fight the dangerous offender’s sentence but he lost it when the Judge ordered his comical castration for the reminder of his life. He told the judge “he did not have the right to take away his sex life”! The judge told him he was not going to club med.

That sentence along the dangerous offenders and the comical castration oddly gave us a sense of justice being served. he is most likely dead by now.

I did not way in on the Destiny Norton post because it was to close to home for me.

It is hard to really understand all of this if you have not walked in the shoes of those who greave and struggle with these crimes against children.

I know I have said this before and some of you squirm when I said it before.

My son would be at peace if he had died at the hands of his monster and it was not till years later after my sons fist hospitalization that I realized my prays back then for just his safe return was selfish.

He is a grown man now two hospitalization’s later and years of living in fear of all things that hunt him. He is not speaking to Heavenly Father and resents his family and mostly me for worshipping a god that would allow this to happen to him.

“I was a good boy Mom, I did every thing I was suppose to do, I passed the sacrament and kept the commandments and he let this happen! Well screw him and you for siding with him”

How do you answer such a torn sole?

We have peace from the counsel of our wise bishop back in those days. Telling us that our son’s illness removes him for accountability for some not all but some of his actions.

Our son has a 9-year-old little boy now. He is walked to and from school and I swear he would low jack that boy to know were he is at all times if he could.

He trys very hard to live a normal life and there are times you do not see the pain he lives with.

In a way, I wish someone could tell Destiny parents to be at peace in a way they could understand right now.

Someone has already in a card to the parents that was used on her program cover.

“The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again”

Joseph Smith 1842 (History of the Church 4:553).

Winnie, you are correct when you say that it's hard to understand... I absolutely can not and hope I never have to.

I don't believe though that you did a disservice by asking God to spare your son. I think anyone would ask that. God didn't choose for your son to not be killed. If you believe He did, then why don't you believe that He could have prevented that sicko from getting your son in the first place?

For reasons I don't understand, God can't or doesn't intervene in these things. If so, He surely would save all children from this kind of harm.

Don't beat yourself up for this. I think it's great that your son is still alive and I bet he will get through this. Is he still getting psychological help on a regular basis?

Winnie, you are correct when you say that it's hard to understand... I absolutely can not and hope I never have to.

I don't believe though that you did a disservice by asking God to spare your son. I think anyone would ask that. God didn't choose for your son to not be killed. If you believe He did, then why don't you believe that He could have prevented that sicko from getting your son in the first place?

For reasons I don't understand, God can't or doesn't intervene in these things. If so, He surely would save all children from this kind of harm.

Don't beat yourself up for this. I think it's great that your son is still alive and I bet he will get through this. Is he still getting psychological help on a regular basis?

The hard to understand part of my post is you can “imagine” but to truly understand the full feelings of such a crime you would have to walk in those who live with it.

It is hindsight that you realize, prayers were for your self: being (selfish)

I prayed for him to come home, we thought at first our son ran away, we had a disagreement before he left about fallowing the house rules.

When we found out we just wanted him back, no matter what, it was for us our need to have him back. You can never know what the years would bring the pain and damage path it leaves behind that cuts through not just the victim but their family’s as well.

No I don’t think God choose ether way, what I’m saying is that we would have hopefully come to the understanding after living through it that if he had died we would have known he would have been at peace.

Yes he received psychological help for years (he is almost 30) as well as being hospitalized for wanting to hurt him self.

There is only so much that can do, the promise of treatment is not a given that it will fully heal.

That would be a miracle and not the reality of treatment.

BTW I don’t beat myself up, How I feel is just a given now, you live with it.

It is hindsight that you realize, prayers were for your self: being (selfish)

I prayed for him to come home, we thought at first our son ran away, we had a disagreement before he left about fallowing the house rules.

I don't think that anyone would call that selfish - a mother praying for her child to come home. I think that God gave us this incredible love for our children for a reason, and that He would expect nothing else from us. I wish your son peace.