How many of you...

Matthew0059

Do you think the secret combinations have "gotten above" us?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the secret combinations have "gotten above" us?

• Yes! Every major political event is manufactured now.
    • Yes! Most events are manufactured now, though human nature still provides spontaneity.
    • Kind of. I don't think they have total control, but they do influence things.
    • Kind of- I think they exist, but I don't know much about them.
    • Kind of- I don't think they exist yet, but people are trying to create them.
    • No! There are no secret combinations in the world today.
    • No! There are no secret combinations in the world today, and those who do are crazy.
    • Other (please post and specify, if you wouldn't mind)

So, this might not be the best place for this- but because of the looming debt crisis and turmoil rending the peace of the world, thought I'd put this in "Current Events". Mods, please move if you think it will be more appropriate elsewhere (not that you need my permission :lol:).

So, how many of you believe that real secret combinations are behind the major events of the day? And I don't mean just "oh yeah, they exist because the prophets said so"- I mean, do you believe that major recent events in America and elsewhere (for at least the past 20 years)- including 9/11, the 2008 recession and growing financial crisis, the "Arab Spring", etc.- have been largely manufactured to go according to a pre-meditated plan by an elite secret combination (or a group of them) behind the scenes?

Interested in hearing your answers. Haven't been around much lately to see what topics people have been talking about, and this is something I'm studying right now.

GOD bless!

I believe that secret combinations are very prevalent in the world today but that they aren't necessarily involved in "setting up" politics. I think, for something to really be considered "secret combinations" it has to be an actual organizations that uses secret signs and messages and seeks to entrap and ensnare the minds and souls of others. Probably the most obvious such organizations would be gangs and drug dealers. There are others out there, and I'm sure some dabble in trying to control the economy and politics, but I don't think any of these major events have been premeditated by some large group working behind the scenes.

I think it is pretty clear there is a global organized secret combination.

Ezra Taft Benson, Conference Report, October 1961, p. 70.

“Today the devil as a wolf in a supposedly new suit of sheep's clothing is enticing some men, both in and out of the Church, to parrot his line by advocating planned government guaranteed security programs at the expense of our liberties. Latter-day Saints should be reminded how and why they voted as they did in heaven. If some have decided to change their vote they should repent—throw their support on the side of freedom—and cease promoting this subversion. . . .

He (Moroni) foresaw the rise of a great world-wide secret combination. . .He warned each gentile nation of the last days to purge itself of this gigantic criminal conspiracy which would seek to rule the world. . . .The Prophet Moroni described how the secret combination would take over a country and then fight the work of God, persecute the righteous, and murder those who resisted. Moroni therefore proceeded to describe the workings of the ancient ‘secret combinations’ so that modern man could recognize this great political conspiracy in the last days. . . .

The Prophet Moroni seemed greatly exercised lest in our day we might not be able to recognize the startling fact that the same secret societies which destroyed the Jaredites and decimated numerous kingdoms of both Nephites and Lamanites would be precisely the same form of criminal conspiracy which would rise up among the gentile nations in this day.”

I think they have a great deal of influence and control over many events, but do not have a complete stranglehold yet. If we do not do something about our political choices, we will live to see and regret thier control.

J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Conference Report, April 1944, p.116.

“Brethren, let us think about that, because I say unto you with all the soberness I can, that we stand in danger of losing our liberties, and that once lost, only blood will bring them back; and once lost, we of this Church will, in order to keep the Church going forward, have more sacrifices to make and more persecutions to endure than we have yet known, heavy as our sacrifices and grievous as our persecutions of the past have been.”

I think there are, inevitably, a bunch of secret combinations: Nepotism, 'golden parachutes' and outright bribes at the one end and 'networking' at the other.

I can say that most upper management that I've met didn't get their job because they were number one in their field. They got it because they knew a guy who knew a guy.

Secret combinations unquestionably influence the world. It's certainly not the same secret combination, nor is it some ancient Illuminati-esque group that does so.

There are no or very few "secret combinations" but there are many visible combinations that harm the world right in front of our eyes. I'm talking about large banks, Wall Street, and global multinationals, and just about any corporation.

I don't think it really matters. A good chunk of the U.S. public supports politicians that get wined and dined by wealthy corporations and visible "secret combinations." We don't know what they are talking about at the table or while playing golf at some exclusive club. If the public does not care about those secret combinations then I don't think they will care about any hidden secret combinations.

Edited by HoosierGuy
spelling

Hmm... Good answers. Thanks everyone!

I'm of the belief that many events in our recent history have been largely manufactured. Mirkwood's quotes sum up the basic reason why I think so- the prophets have spoken it; it makes sense. Both major American political parties seem determined to run us into the ground...

I wonder what Moroni meant when he said "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation". How are we to "see" these things come among us? How will we know?

There are secret combinations that seek power and to get gain. Moroni warned us of these secret combinations.

I believe many people laugh at the idea because they don't seem to believe that evil exists out in the world. They also seem to think that governments, corporations, etc. are simply incompetent and that they just make mistakes. They can't grasp the idea of wicked men (or women) conspiring to change world events.

The Secret Combinations will seek to overthrow the liberty of all lands. They want an authoritarian world dictatorship. They are imploding the world's financial system so they can reform the system in the way they want it to operate. The US Constitution and Bill of Rights is the greatest obstacle for these wicked people. They want to slowly erode it so they can usurp it.

Guest Sachi001

Hmm... Good answers. Thanks everyone!

I'm of the belief that many events in our recent history have been largely manufactured. Mirkwood's quotes sum up the basic reason why I think so- the prophets have spoken it; it makes sense. Both major American political parties seem determined to run us into the ground...

I wonder what Moroni meant when he said "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation". How are we to "see" these things come among us? How will we know?

I do not think Lucifer inspires men to have ONE Global organization. Even though some may belong to more than one group. Lucifer is cunnng, and does not put all his eggs in one basket.

Well I take D&C 89:4 to heart about the designs of conspiring men. You can't see it all coming. There is too much from every direction, and to escape it all is virtually impossible. However the Lord has blessed us with many tools to be edified, and confirm with the spirit of discernment. Many military leaders know the stead fast rule of knowing your enemy. Just too many go around not paying attention to such enemies, and live their lives according to the Natural Man in obtaining their selfish desires both temporal ans spiritual. Therefore it comes as a shock to those who never considered it once they find out. The point is what do you do with your discovery?

In another thread some saints got upset when I mentioned this. Especially the slavery of children in the chocolate harvesting in Africa. I don't expect others to give it up , but I did, and buy from manufactures who do not participate in the slavery end.

It isn't all political. It involves power, and greed in many levels of industry. Men knowingly conspiring in evil designs to destroy their fellow brethren for their selfish desires.

Edited by Sachi001

I do not think Lucifer inspires men to have ONE Global organization. Even though some may belong to more than one group. Lucifer is cunnng, and does not put all his eggs in one basket.

I think Satan models his "great and abominable church" after the LORD'S: it's a pyramid design, and the higher up you go the more knowledge of the truth of things you gain, and orders go from the top down. In CHRIST'S earrthly church, the top tiers are the Apostles (some might contend the Church of the Firstborn, which probably includes most if not all of the apostles); I wonder what the top tiers of Satan's would be? We have reason to believe Cain is still alive... Wonder if he ever meets with the real leaders of the world.

It isn't all political. It involves power, and greed in many levels of industry. Men knowingly conspiring in evil designs to destroy their fellow brethren for their selfish desires.

Agreed. I'm amazed, however, whenever one reads books on the subject (such as Skousen's "The Naked Capitalist" or "The Naked Communist") how much some captains of industry are involved in politics.

Guest Sachi001

well, if we're going to start posting links :D ... I'll stick with wikipedia too:

Trilateral Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bilderberg Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Illuminati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

etc. etc. etc.

... ok, that's all I'll post for now :D but then everyone knows about these organizations by now, right?

but then all of this stuff is supposed to be happening before the second coming right? so if it's supposed to happen - how much can you actually fight it? should we all just relax and look forward to the second coming? ... or... they say the best way to take down "secret societies" is to reveal their secrets - you could wage an internet posting war about what is going on... but then it is all so horrific, most people do not believe it :(

how many 911 truthers are out there? man, this stuff, like watching a train wreck - you want to look away, but somehow, it's hard to keep from watching...

Can't take down several billion entrenched in the belief of false religions (New Age) and Atheists etc... Except for a few with a change of heart. None will believe that groups like Bohemian Grove exist or worship Lucifer. The excuse I get it's all just a frat party. I bet that if Jesus Christ comes down and appears. Many won't believe it and dismiss such. You can't escape the corruption, but you can fight against evil designs by not partaking of such, and warn others even if they don't listen or believe it.

The best thing to do is work on your salvation, and your family and friends. Learn what you are supposed to do, and exalt yourself, and others should they choose. That is what the martyrs of Rome did.

A long but worthwhile read.

The

New World Order

An Analysis for Latter-day Saints

From The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to William Tyndale who was martyred in 1536 for printing the words of the prophets without permission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Germany, in 1524, William Tyndale completed the first printed English New Testament. Six thousand copies were smuggled into England, but anyone found in possession of one had to relinquish it for burning or face excommunication from the church. Tyndale continued his work on the Old Testament, living like a fugitive, until he was finally arrested and jailed. In October of 1536, he was martyred at the request of the English authorities. (See Lenet H. Read, "How the Bible Came to Be, Part 6: No Price Too Great," Ensign, July 1982, pp. 45-47.)

Prepared and Published in September 1992 by

R. Gary Shapiro, Kaysville, Utah 84037

Printed in the United States of America

Preface

The Apostle Paul wrote 14 of 27 books in the New Testament, two of them before his ordination to the apostleship. He traveled the world as an apostle for approximately 13 years.

Many of Bruce R. McConkie's writings, including his oft-quoted Mormon Doctrine, were published before his call to the apostleship. He served as an apostle for just under 13 years.

Neither of these two apostles became President of the Church. Yet today nearly every Church lesson manual and magazine contains quotations from both of them.

Ezra Taft Benson has served as an apostle for 49 years. In 1985, he became President of the Church. Missionaries and Church members around the world, young and old alike, bear frequent and solemn testimony that Ezra Taft Benson is a Prophet of God.

This booklet is about some of Ezra Taft Benson's less popular teachings. In the first chapter, we examine the importance of the Prophet's teachings, whether popular or unpopular. Here we find that our only safety lies in following the Prophet. Even when some are embarrassed by what he says, we can be sure that God sustains him and expects us as individuals to follow him. No living person or group of persons has authority from God to question the Prophet's teachings.

In the second chapter, we review some of the Prophet's teachings about our national Constitution. His concerns about internationalist proposals to abandon our nationhood make it unmistakably clear that the emerging New World Order imperils the Constitution. A significant part of his 49 year ministry has been directed toward preserving the U.S. Constitution.

The third chapter evaluates several warnings from the Prophet about an international conspiracy and its efforts to overthrow Constitutional freedoms in all countries and rule the world. These warnings have caused embarrassment among some members of the Church and have received limited attention in Church curriculum materials. Some Church members go so far as to belittle the idea of a conspiracy to overthrow the Constitution. Those who would mock the words of the Prophet should carefully consider the Lord's warning: "Fools mock, but they shall mourn." (Ether 12:26.)

During the 1960s, it was suggested by some that Communism was not actually being run from Moscow or Peking, but was being run by a conspiracy of influential and widely respected non- Communists from within the United States and Europe. The term Insiders has been used to refer to members of this conspiracy. During the 1970s, Ezra Taft Benson frequently recommended a certain book about these Insiders and their efforts to establish a New World Order. The last chapter of this booklet contains excerpts from that book.

Regardless of how you have felt about Ezra Taft Benson's political views in the past, you ought to consider them carefully now because God simply does not call as Prophets men who preach false doctrine.

Full article:

The New World Order An Analysis for Latter-day Saints from the Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson

Yes, there is a single organizing force of all corruption, of all lies and of all levels of government.

There was the same problem in Heaven prior to this world. The major force of that attempted coup d'état against our Father in Heaven is the same evil entity that is attempting to maintain his control on this earth. Communism, Marxism, Progressive Democrats, Republicans, are all part of the same organization...just a different cog or different head of the same beast.

In the last days even the LDS Church will lose most of its members to the dark side.

Lucifer brought 1/3 of the hosts of heaven under his spell in HEAVEN. He is doing a better job here in this realm. It is my opinion that here on this planet he has 95% under his control. How good of a COMBINATION IS THAT?

There are no world-wide, all encompassing combinations out to get us. There may be a few in particular industries or governments, but (in states that are not totalitarian) they are countered by those who don't belong to the the combine/conspiracy and whose goals oppose it. This opposition can be for good or ill, I'm just saying there is opposition, mostly because if the combine is seen as having power, other people will want that same power and do what they can to get it.

As much as I like a nice conspiracy theory, I think that people cannot keep secrets. Someone in the conspiracy will have to out themselves, either from pride, fear, stupidity, etc. Unable to keep its secrets, the conspiracy fails. There are enough people, companies, and governments acting inside the law, in the open, and doing things that make my head spin that I don't have to look for secret conspiracies or powers. All I have to do is pick up the morning paper or watch the DOW.

Sister Dahlia,

You are wrong and unaware of the world around you... and you apparently haven't read the Bible, Book of Mormon, or Doctrine and Covenants for a very long time. To wit, when was the last time did you read the Book of Revelations? Please tell me that you do not see the prophecy of the last days and the total take over by Luciferian forces? Else when have you last read of the demise of the Nephites as the secret combinations (of evil forces) took over the church in those ancient days? And in those records there were warnings from those ancient prophets telling us that the SAME secret combinations would influence our latter-day world.

Your unwise words saying, "I like a nice conspiracy theory..." do not offer any proof that there is no conspiracy. If I tell you that the Constitution is dead and it died on Jan 20, 2009 when an illegal alien began his squatting in the White House, then how can that be a "conspiracy theory?" If I say Mr. Soetoro is unqualified to be POTUS because he is not a natural born citizen (his daddy was a foreign national) then how can that be a conspiracy theory? If I say that the Constitution died in 1881 when the first Republican unqualified POTUS sqatted in the White House because his daddy was born in Ireland and there is proof that he was not naturalized until 1843, some 23 years AFTER Chester Arthur was born... then how can that be a conspiracy theory?

Those that ridicule someone for "crazy conspiracy theories" are usually those that cannot come up with a defense of their own sorry conclusions.

Yes, I question the lies about 9/11. There is no way a 747 Airliner could make a 20 foot hole in the Pentagon. The hole of the impact should have been 10 times or 100 times what the evidence shows. And yes, Building 7 "was brought down" by man made explosions.

I am sure the church members of the Nephite times were chided by people like you who rebuffed them by telling them it was just a silly "conspiracy theory" that there were no "secret combinations" out to do the church members harm.

So here we sit. Our constitution died on Jan 20, 2009 and there you are sitting there at your computer and saying it was not done by the conspiracy of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and George Soro? Where have you been these last 3 years? Yes it was a conspiracy and you know it, you just don't care.

Edited by ednoonan7
typos

I'm curious how those of you who say there is no global secret combination reconcile your belief which is contrary to the words of a prophet of God?

He (Moroni) foresaw the rise of a great world-wide secret combination. . .He warned each gentile nation of the last days to purge itself of this gigantic criminal conspiracy which would seek to rule the world. . . .The Prophet Moroni described how the secret combination would take over a country and then fight the work of God, persecute the righteous, and murder those who resisted. Moronitherefore proceeded to describe the workings of the ancient ‘secret combinations’ so that modern man could recognize this great political conspiracy in the last days...

These are the words of Ezra Taft Benson. I don't think he could be much clearer then this.

Edited by mirkwood

I think the average person sees too many competing interests and doubts a conspiracy because there are too many players with different agendas. However, if we assume that Satan is in control of the global conspiracy, it is easy to behold how he controls many players who knowingly or unknowingly are being moved by his invisible hand.

Many of the people involved in the Secret Combination to overthrow our liberty may even believe they are doing the world a great service because they believe Satan's lies. They believe that we need an authoritarian regime controlling the planet because it will help "Mother Earth." These pseudo-intellectuals believe the agency of man IS the problem. They seek to use force to compel us to "save the Earth" as they see it.

We don't need to know all the players in a conspiracy to realize there is a conspiracy out there. We can look at how the US Constitution and Bill of Rights is slowly being eroded piece by piece.

1) The Libyan War was executed without congressional authority. This is blatantly unconstitutional.

2) The proposed Council of 13 (Super Congress) that is being legislated as we speak, is unconstitutional.

3) The Health Care Bill requiring citizens to buy private health insurance by virtue of simply being alive, is unconstitutional.

4) The growing abuse of Presidential power via Executive Orders is Unconstitutional.

The Constitution is being attacked. It was inspired and ordained of God. The Prophet Joseph Smith said that the Constitution would hang by a thread. It is surely coming to pass. BUT, Joseph also have us hope when he said the Elders of Israel would step forth to preserve the Constitution of this land.

Ezra Taft Benson, sort of changed those words...he said, "if it could be saved"

I believe Pres. Benson was bouncing off Brigham Young... who said:

How long will it be before the words of the prophet Joseph will be fulfilled? He said if the Constitution of the United States were saved at all it must be done by this people. It will not be many years before these words come to pass.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 12, p. 204

There is no way anyone can say the Constitution is still in effect. The Constitution mandates that all bills must be signed by a legitimate POTUS. If there is a DE FACTO thug in office, then no act of congress, no ruling of the SCOTUS can be valid. And of course, the Military is acting without a Commander in Chief. Only those with their heads stuck in the sand can possibily believe our Constitution is still operational.

Once we come out of denial, and realized we have allowed our great Constitution to die... not once but twice (#1 Arthur 1881 and #2 Soetoro 2009) then perhaps we can resurrect her. Until then, we are under the thumb of the Rothschilds, Bilderbergs, Rockefellers and the George Soros'es of this world.

And that ain't no conspiracy theory! It is gospel truth!

Edited by ednoonan7

Sister Dahlia,

You are wrong and unaware of the world around you... and you apparently haven't read the Bible, Book of Mormon, or Doctrine and Covenants for a very long time. To wit, when was the last time did you read the Book of Revelations? Please tell me that you do not see the prophecy of the last days and the total take over by Luciferian forces? Else when have you last read of the demise of the Nephites as the secret combinations (of evil forces) took over the church in those ancient days? And in those records there were warnings from those ancient prophets telling us that the SAME secret combinations would influence our latter-day world.

Your unwise words saying, "I like a nice conspiracy theory..." do not offer any proof that there is no conspiracy. If I tell you that the Constitution is dead and it died on Jan 20, 2009 when an illegal alien began his squatting in the White House, then how can that be a "conspiracy theory?" If I say Mr. Soetoro is unqualified to be POTUS because he is not a natural born citizen (his daddy was a foreign national) then how can that be a conspiracy theory? If I say that the Constitution died in 1881 when the first Republican unqualified POTUS sqatted in the White House because his daddy was born in Ireland and there is proof that he was not naturalized until 1843, some 23 years AFTER Chester Arthur was born... then how can that be a conspiracy theory?

Those that ridicule someone for "crazy conspiracy theories" are usually those that cannot come up with a defense of their own sorry conclusions.

Yes, I question the lies about 9/11. There is no way a 747 Airliner could make a 20 foot hole in the Pentagon. The hole of the impact should have been 10 times or 100 times what the evidence shows. And yes, Building 7 "was brought down" by man made explosions.

I am sure the church members of the Nephite times were chided by people like you who rebuffed them by telling them it was just a silly "conspiracy theory" that there were no "secret combinations" out to do the church members harm.

So here we sit. Our constitution died on Jan 20, 2009 and there you are sitting there at your computer and saying it was not done by the conspiracy of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and George Soro? Where have you been these last 3 years? Yes it was a conspiracy and you know it, you just don't care.

Ed, you need to make your point without directly attacking another poster. We don't yet know you, but I know Sister Dahlia.

Guest Sachi001

Sister Dahlia,

Concerning the illegal alien in the WH was proven false. Obama provided his ORIGINAL BC. That is now accepted except for a few who still cannot accept the truth.

Concerning the coup d'etat you allude earlier of Heavenly Father is still speculation. There was a disagreement on how the method of salvation would occur. Lucifer did not try to overthrow the Father. Even Jesus himself could not overthrow HF. HF is omnipotent and omniscient. For Lucifer to do such would be futile and he is not dumb. Your speculating on a story that is not truly revealed.

Secret combinations can mean one whole or several groups. History shows many such through out historical time lines. It is a fact you can equate Revelations to many era's. End times may not even occur in this era but, another 200 or even 500 years down the road. As a LDS you need to reread JS prophesy of what signs to look for at the end times. The rainbows have not been withdrawn from the whole world, the moon has not turned blood red, and the sun has not turned black.

I promise when those things happen all those secret combinations will not matter, nor will they not survive such calamity. In the end Lucifer has no power, and screaming about conspiracies won't do anything. It will not make any change on 9/11 theories. It will not change the world bank. None of us will even have the power of retribution of such.

HF is watching to see how we react as Saints. That is why he let's such evil occur in the world. Else he could destroy such with the words from his mouth. He even let Lucifer into heaven to wage a bet on spiritual salvation via Job.

I know to you and even myself that such organizations can be upsetting as it looks as an affront to HF. That's a normal reaction. The key is how you react. The secret combinations are not a threat to any saints spiritual welfare unless you let them. They are everywhere, and you cannot avoid the corruption. It's how you deal with such is what will define you in judgment before God. Do you forgive them as mandate by Jesus Christ, or harbor resentment for eternity?

Myself I just pity my lost brethren. They will not listen as they partake of fame, greed, and selfish desires of the carnal natural man (Lehi's dream). No matter how much you preach they will not listen. Let God be the one who judges and dispenses justice. You just have to work on your spirit like all true saints, and perfect yourself first on what it means to be like HF. Like taking a chill pill, and enjoy what the Lord has given you. After all don't you think everyday he doesn't look down on those children of his, and pull his hair out in frustration? Consider yourself blessed, and live in a decent though not perfect country. Give thanks for not working in the Diamond mines of Africa for warlords, or being beaten in a political prison in China. Right?

Personally I think the Godhead are all bald already.:lol:

Edited by Sachi001