Hi all from Oklahoma

BDEW66

Hi everyone... I currently reside in Spencer, Oklahoma (a suburb of Oklahoma City)...

A lil about myself....

I was born and raised in South Jordan, Utah... I've been all over the world (16 years on active duty in the Army) I got out of the Army in 1996 & stayed here in Oklahoma... ALL my family lives in Utah. I was born into a 6th-7th generation LDS family but because of alot of promiscuity (spelling ?) I was ex-communicated at the age of 17(much to the dismay of my family, specially my Dad who was in the Bishopric at the time) I then re-joined the church at the age of 30 while I was stationed in Georgia. I went thru the Atlanta, Georgia Temple and received my endowments. In 1992 I was slated for a 1 year tour of duty in Cairo, Egypt. On my leave to Utah before Egypt, I was able to meet with Elder Neal A. Maxwell in his office in SLC. That meeting was very special !!!! Unfortunately around that time is when I went inactive. I havent set foot in a church in prolly 15 years. All of my family are strong LDS members, except me.

After listening to several of my FAVORITE hymns (The Spirt Of God Like a Fire is Burning, How Firm a Foundation, Praise to the Man, We Thank Thee oh God for a Prophet, Come Come Ye Saints etc) I feel a strong desire to return to rightous living and to church.

Brenda

Hi Brenda; Welcome to the site.

I was born into the Church, all my family were members. I went inactive at 18, not because I did not believe the Gospel, but I let the actions, the hypocrisy, of a few of the members effect me. It took me years, and a bit of life and maturing, to return. I picked a Sunday, walked in...returned to the Church, to the Gospel of Jesus Christ...and I know there is nothing, and no person, that will cause me to leave again.

Just pick a Sunday and GO! :)