DeseretBook Good Reads?!

TANNY

So I stumbled upon Deseretbook.com today and I think that it would be a good idea to purchase some books! Any suggestions on what I should look into buying? I've been going thru some trials lately and I think that reading something spiritual along with my scriptures would help a great deal.

While maybe not classified in the spiritual sense, I do enjoy the biographies of our Prophets. It really helps me to get to know the man behind the mantle of Prophet.

Guest mysticmorini

It really depends upon what you are interested in; Temples, Prophets, the restoration, any one of the standard works, repentance, etc. Pick a gosple topic you are interested in and i promise there will be several books on that topic.

I just got Chris and Ted Stewart's books. 7 Miracles that Saved America and 7 Tipping Points that Saved the World.

Definitely good books.

I can't go into a Deseret Book store and spend less than $50 minimum. My husband sighs every time I say I need to stop into Deseret Book for something minor. I never leave with just what I needed to pick up.

If you haven't read them already, I recommend that you start with Believing Christ and Following Christ by Stephen Robinson. Other good books dealing with the Atonement are The Broken Heart by Elder Bruce C. Hafen, and The Infinite Atonement by Elder Tad R. Callister.

I'm currently reading Light in the Wilderness by M. Catherine Thomas. It's definitely "advanced" reading, and brings in topics and sources not commonly associated with mainstream LDS thought, but it's very enlightening and thought-provoking. (Not published by Deseret, but they carry it.)