Spiritual Death threats

Guest mysticmorini

Have you recieved a "spiritual Death threat?"  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Have you recieved a "spiritual Death threat?"

• Yes
    • No

Guest mysticmorini

Have you ever recieved a "spiritual Death threat?" If you have please share your story.

(a spiritual death threat is someone who says that you are damned to hell for your beliefs or actions. ex. some fundamentalist christian might tell a mormon that he is doomed because he worships Joesph smith)

Probably not what you were looking for, but when I went inactive as a teenager, some of the stuff my mom and grandmother told me, probably qualifies. "Satan's coming to get you!" and whatnot.

I've had good luck with the evangelicals I've encountered. I even went to an "Are Mormons Christian" class or two thrown by my local megachurch, and they didn't come anywhere near any sort of prediction about my soul's future. Just trying to equip their members with ways of expressing concern (they called it "convicted civility"). When President Hinckley died, I tried to get some sort of statement out the lady running the class. But she flat out refused to judge, allowed for the possibility that Pres. Hinckley was indeed a saved Christian, and offered her condolances.

Of course, in my apologetic running around, everyone and their dog was telling me I was heading for hell and should stop trying to get people to follow me. But I went out and found those people because I wanted to argue - it's not like they busted down my door to tell me.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

Have you ever recieved a "spiritual Death threat?" If you have please share your story.

(a spiritual death threat is someone who says that you are damned to hell for your beliefs or actions. ex. some fundamentalist christian might tell a mormon that he is doomed because he worships Joesph smith)

A Mormon IS doomed if he worhips Joseph Smith!!!:o

oh those... I put them all in the magic basket at work. They always seem to disappear by the next day.

Guest mormonmusic

I was told my salvation was in danger because I asked to be released as a HPGL. This was a high councilor who said this. During a period of semi-activity, a Bishopric's counselor told me that getting over my issue and being active was preferable to going to hell.

Edited by mormonmusic

I was told my salvation was in danger because I asked to be released as a HPGL. This was a high councilor who said this. During a period of semi-activity, a Bishopric's counselor told me that getting over my issue and being active was preferable to going to hell.

Where the heck do you live?? My goodness! I know I shouldn't laugh but I am!! (are you kidding me??) :eek:

Not sure mine would really qualify as a "threat"... When I think of a threat, I think of someone saying something along the lines of- "If you don't stop doing blank, you will go to hell." I think this kind of attitude is pretty common, especially in those trying to preach repentance but probably falling slightly off the mark. However, my particular experience was with a guy who stood outside the college student center telling everyone they were going to go to hell. When pulled into a conversation it was found that he believed we were all doomed and there was nothing we could do about it. Even if we did change, we would still go to hell. So... I don't think I would really call that a "threat". More like a "proclamation".

"LDS means Lucifer's Demonic Servants"

That one is new to me. Reminds me of the sinners I grew up with who listened to the Knights In Satan's Service, or even those devilish Canuckians, the Rulers Under Satan's Hand. And Led Zeppelin, who totally backward-masked their songs, where you can hear them say, "I snort the nose, Lucifer! Banana! Banana!"

I can totally see why people would believe this. It just makes so much sense.