An exhibition

Schwesterherz

Yesterday I visited an exhibition about crimes against humanity in germany during the Nazi regime. it was horrible to see pictures from beaten and brutally murdered people in hospitals or psychiatric clinics, because they were "unworthy to live" as this people believed.

I made some pics, but they are to big for here.

Yesterday I visited an exhibition about crimes against humanity in germany during the Nazi regime. it was horrible to see pictures from beaten and brutally murdered people in hospitals or psychiatric clinics, because they were "unworthy to live" as this people believed.

I made some pics, but they are to big for here.

This is something that should never be forgotten. My Great-Aunt was the sole survivor out of her family. She was a very young girl when her family was forced into a concentration camp. She and her family lived in Vienna and were a high ranking Jewish family. When it came down to the Nazis...money, class, wealth, contributions to society, etc. didn't make a difference. If you were Jewish, you were an undesirable!! Tragic! I remember her wearing long sleeves to hide the tattoo on her inner arm, yet not one word of vengeance or anger came out of her mouth. In spite of what she witness & was subjected to, she loved everyone. She was one very brave soul! She died when I was very young & I was devastated at loosing her. Now, I know that I will be with her again & that brings me comfort.

My mother was also a Jewess (by her mother) from birth on. She survived because members of the church had hidden her in Cologne. Cologne was, you had to know this, a stronghold of the Nazi movement. Many members were Nazis, and it was dangerous to do something like that. The Krieger family (their last name was really Krieger, which means in English "warrior") had done it anyway. And for this she was honored after the war with a medal and a document. And they were allowed to plant a tree in Israel.

if they wouldn't been, I should not have been born then by my mother. I would perhaps never have got to know the church. My testimony got even stronger through this.