Former church members in forums

Schwesterherz

As you can see, I founded a German-speaking Forum, which is primarily for members. Two people registered already, including a former member of the Church, which hatred the church. In the Forum, he had signed up as a "Gunslinger" and said he would be a woman. But in reality it is a man who has made a sex change surgery, and for this reason the Church rightly excommunicated him.

He was naughty, and spread lies about the Church in my forum. So I have blocked him after two warnings and a short lock at the end.

How should we deal as a member of the Church with danger like this? Deal with all the same, or different, depending on how they behave ourselves and to the Church?

Edited by john doe
deleted link

Guest gopecon

My vote is for handling this type of thing on a case by case basis. There is no reason to allow hostile people to hang out in forums that are meant for friendly discussion. Set up rules (like at lds.net) and when people who are hostile to the forum's intended audience break them, feel free to kick them out.

There are some ex-mormons whose hearts can still be touched and may want to return, so I wouldn't have a hard rule against them. Hopefully loving friends and the Spirit can eventually bring them back into the fold.