Complaint procedure about bishop and stake presidrent

bjw

I had a quick question:

What is the complaint procedure for members if you have an issue with the bishop and stake president? Who is the next person above the stake president that can handle complaints?

For instance, let's say that the bishop and stake president are letting personal issues of things that have occurred outside of church get in the way of how they are making decisions involving an individual (and this can be proven), what would be the complaint procedure?

I had a quick question:

What is the complaint procedure for members if you have an issue with the bishop and stake president? Who is the next person above the stake president that can handle complaints?

For instance, let's say that the bishop and stake president are letting personal issues of things that have occurred outside of church get in the way of how they are making decisions involving an individual (and this can be proven), what would be the complaint procedure?

My question. Is this something that personally affects you? Is it something that you need to be involved in?

Based on several google searches I have done, it doesn't appear that Area Seventies are easily accessible to the general membership of the Church. I can't even find who is the Area Seventy for my geographic region.

They haven't made it easy, but I think I found where the information is. Have you made an account with your membership number on lds.org? Sign in. Then click on "Tools" at the top of the page. Then click "Maps", then the name of your stake that will appear on the bar to the left. You should get a popup menu and if you navigate that a little, you'll see links for the mission president, temples, etc. At the very top of that list on my popup is a number for my area; I assume that is some kind of link to the area seventy, or someone who could say how to contact him.

Come to think of it, you may be able to bypass all of that by calling your local temple and asking if they can give you the name of your area seventy and how to contact him.

It would be important for the OP to know that all letters received by the Area Authority are going to be returned back to the Stake President (I have seen this many times) unless the issue is EXTREMELY delicate.

I believe you, but this doesn't make any sense. A church, or any corporation, should want to know if its local leadership is running it into the ground. Also, this involves the stake president and his personal feelings getting in the way of how he does his job, so I would think the area authority would want to check it out to see if it was true.

I talked to the bishop tonight and it seems like it was more the stake president than it was the bishop, so I hope there is a way to talk to someone about him.

• 11 years later...
4 hours ago, David Fernandez said:

Who do I talk to about discrimination from the Stake President.  And I have proof from text messages from him. 

“Discrimination” (i.e., treating people differently and giving them different counsel, resources or privileges according to their circumstances, commitments, behavior, etc) is part of the job description when it comes to serving in LDS leadership.  

Now, if you’re talking about race-based discrimination, I think your answer is already upthread:  assuming that the procedure outlined in D&C 42:88 has been tried and failed, you can probably get the names of your area presidency members through your area website or the Church’s most recent announcement of area presidency assignments.  If there isn’t a direct contact link/address on any of those sites, you will at least have their names and can write to them through Church headquarters.

Edited by Just_A_Guy