Herbal Help for Hypersexuality

coruscate

Hey all!

As some of you know, I struggle with sexual addiction. Some days are better than others, but it is always a challenge. The hardest part is finding a balance...as a married woman, I obviously can't quit cold turkey.

A while ago, while I was reading the Doctrine and Covenants, this verse jumped out at me:

D&C 89:10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man

I did some research and found out there is a whole class of herbs known as anaphrodisiacs. I thought I would share what I discovered here, in case anyone else might find it useful.

Vitex Agnus Castus (chaste berry, monk's berry) - As the names imply, this herb has been used for centuries to help control sexual impulses in men and women. It is also beneficial for many women's complaints because it helps regulate hormones. It has no known side effects when taken in low doses, but it can interact with certain drugs like birth control and antidepressants.

I have experienced great results so far. I'm taking 225 mg per day, and I no longer have the insatiable cravings. I plan to take this dosage for a couple months, then drop to 40 mg per day and see how I do. The site I read said high dosages can actually have the opposite effect (increasing desire), so in this case more is not better.

Saw Palmetto - This herb is usually used to help treat enlarged prostate. I haven't tried it, but a lot of people on another forum I visit (mostly men) have had great success using this herb to reduce impulses. They recommend 300 mg per day. It can cause upset stomach and reduce blood clotting.

Check with a doctor and research the side effects of both of these before trying them. Take them with food. Don't take them if you are pregnant or nursing. If anything funny happens, stop taking them. Etc, etc. (In other words, use them wisely ^_^)

No guarantees these will work for everyone, but so far it is a huge relief for me. I don't have to struggle every day!

Also, if you try these and they don't work for you, message me. I have a whole list of herbs that are considered anaphrodisiacs. I didn't list them here because most can have severe side effects or only work for a few people. But hey, if it comes to saving your marriage or your membership in the church, they might be worth trying.

Edited by coruscate

Hey all!

Vitex Agnus Castus (chaste berry, monk's berry) - As the names imply, this herb has been used for centuries to help control sexual impulses in men and women. It is also beneficial for many women's complaints because it helps regulate hormones. It has no known side effects when taken in low doses, but it can interact with certain drugs like birth control and antidepressants.

Just for some info, there is something called "Chinese Vitex" in Airborne, the herbal/vitamin supplement made by a school teacher to help boost the immune system. I'm not sure if this is the same herb, but this may be something you want to look into.