visiting an elder

dahlia

One of my elders has been transferred from a town about 3 hrs away to one about an hour away. Would it be wrong to visit - to take him and his companion to lunch or dinner? I don't even want to ask him in case it is wrong. I've been in contact with this elder and his mother over the months, send packages, etc., so it's not like he's a stranger. And they gotta eat; it's not like I'd keep them away from their mission work all day. Thoughts? :confused:

One of my elders has been transferred from a town about 3 hrs away to one about an hour away. Would it be wrong to visit - to take him and his companion to lunch or dinner? I don't even want to ask him in case it is wrong. I've been in contact with this elder and his mother over the months, send packages, etc., so it's not like he's a stranger. And they gotta eat; it's not like I'd keep them away from their mission work all day. Thoughts? :confused:

The know for sure if it's not against the rules I recommend calling the Mission office. You can probably search it online or just ask one of the Elders. People here will be able to let you know what would have flown in their mission but won't be able to answer about the mission you are in and the current Mission President. Also, by talking to the mission office you might get an exception to the general rule.

Edited by Dravin

Note also that this can't happen in the reverse.

I guess you mean coming to visit just to visit? The elder that gave me my first lessons has been in town for meetings or because his companion had something to do and has come by a couple of times to say 'hi.' He's always with the other elders, of course.

I guess you mean coming to visit just to visit? The elder that gave me my first lessons has been in town for meetings or because his companion had something to do and has come by a couple of times to say 'hi.' He's always with the other elders, of course.

No, meaning that he can't travel all the way over to where you live to visit you. It has to be the other way around. :P