Baby is here!

Bini

So I got lucky and my water broke right on my due date! :bouncingclap:

I had planned on an au naturale birth but that's not how it turned out. After 18 hours of my water breaking and labour, progression stopped and baby was not descending. The OB made the call for a c-section and Marina was born September 21, 2011. She weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 19 inches in length. She came out of the womb with a head-full of the most beautiful long black hair! Hubby and I are head over heels in love ♥

Posted Image

Congratulations!!!! She's beautiful.

How are you feeling?

Much better now! Thank you. Recovering from a c-section takes a lot out of you, that's for sure. I was pretty drugged up at the hospital after surgery and didn't really realise the pain and discomfort I was in until I got home.. Ouchie! Toughest part is trying not to chuckle and laugh at Marina's funny faces cos that makes my guts rattle around and boy does that hurt!

Take a nice big whiff of the baby after a bath and changing for me, I love the smell of babies!! I wish they had some kind of baby perfume out there; perhaps they already do...

I looove the newborn smell! Wish there was a way to keep that smell around forever :[