Ministering Angels

bstone

I would argue that we should be more concerned with being ministering angel than in seeking them. Let God and HIs angels do as He will. Our "seeking" of ministering angels is not a special thing that we should be focused on. To me that is a clear "looking beyond the mark" thing. Our seeking of ministering angels should come down to nothing more than what we have been given. Serve God. Serve others. Keep the commandments. The angels will attend.

The Ministering of Angels - Jeffrey R. Holland

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think Lennoxlewy has been given a "special gift" because he's fascinated with something. I have been fascinated with many subjects over the years that have nothing to do with special gifts, unless of course fascination itself can be considered a special gift.

The gifts of the spirit are also not magic. "...and they come unto every man severally, according as he will."

Everyone has the right to the gifts of the spirit as we obey and have need, according to the Lord's will. Everyone of us may have the attendance of ministering angels as we serve God.

But our focus should be to serve and obey God.

I would argue that we should be more concerned with being ministering angel than in seeking them. Let God and HIs angels do as He will. Our "seeking" of ministering angels is not a special thing that we should be focused on. To me that is a clear "looking beyond the mark" thing. Our seeking of ministering angels should come down to nothing more than what we have been given. Serve God. Serve others. Keep the commandments. The angels will attend.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think Lennoxlewy has been given a "special gift" because he's fascinated with something. I have been fascinated with many subjects over the years that have nothing to do with special gifts, unless of course fascination itself can be considered a special gift.

The gifts of the spirit are also not magic. "...and they come unto every man severally, according as he will."

Everyone has the right to the gifts of the spirit as we obey and have need, according to the Lord's will. Everyone of us may have the attendance of ministering angels as we serve God.

i donno, I was facinated by demons and the supernatural and I had a great many dreams with this, I donno what she was, and she comes back every so often to tell me things.

Other people have dreamed about her too, in the same descriptions, though I never told them what she looked like.

I doubt that it was an angel, but I often wonder if it was just the mind or something more.

Is it possible to converse with Angels in diverse ways? I'm not finding too much info regarding rules and regulations here... Most of what I see is based on following the Spirit and the Light. I understand dark magic is one form of communicating with the other angels. I'm not talking about dark magic. Actually, I'm not exactly sure what I am talking about. Other than the fact that it is real and exciting stuff! I suppose the feelings would change if the angels were from the dark side (by their fruits). Maybe sometimes they come to us to deliver a message via Spirit to spirit. So in this physical worldly realm we feel them and know that they are there but we don't exactly comprehend the message? 

<Syme's Opinion>If there is a way to communicate with the other side, except it be through prayer, fasting, etc., it would always be with an evil spirit. I can't imagine why anything like that, which would leave God out of the equation, could successfully communicate with one of his servants.</Syme's Opinion>

Maybe it becomes a pure exchange of intelligence that our "5% capable" brain doesn't quite get. But that our spirit needs and gets completely? And maybe my "5% brain" wants to make sense of it so I try to send them off to create and bring forth abundance? LOL! Pretty crazy stuff! 

The "You only use 5/10 percent of your brain" thing is a myth: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

I don't think it is a stretch at all. He says he has been visitied and I have no reason to doubt him. In the world there are very few who behold angels, even with the eye of faith. And it certainly is a gift as Moroni testifies, "And again I exort you, my brethren, that ye deny not the gifts of God, for they are many: and they come from the same God." He goes on, "And again, to another, the beholding of angels and ministering spirits" (Moroni 10:8,14). Further, I have no problem with a person seeking any gift of the spirit. However, it is important to not look beyond the mark, which is Christ. We do this when we exclude him from our spiritual walk in any form or fashion. 

Yes, we have the right to the ministering of angels, but the right is different from the ability. God gives different gifts to different people. "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will" (1 Cor 12:11). 

I do agree that we should work and obey God. But I see no problem with ministering of angels so long as Christ is at the center of what we seek and what we do.

<Syme's Opinion>If there is a way to communicate with the other side, except it be through prayer, fasting, etc., it would always be with an evil spirit. I can't imagine why anything like that, which would leave God out of the equation, could successfully communicate with one of his servants.</Syme's Opinion>

Yes I agree, we must have God in the equation, but God can and does communicate through angels. In fact, Mormon is very blunt regarding the matter when he says, "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me. ...And now, my beloved brethren, if this be the case that these things are true which I have spoken unto you, and God will show unto you, with power and great glory at the last day, that they are true, and if they are true has the day of miracles ceased? Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?" (Moro 7:33, 35-36). This does not apply to other people, it applies to us. Do we see such gifts of the spirit in our lives? If not, why not? Do we lack faith? For if we have faith then the gifts of the spirit will be given. 

That is cool Lakumi! So you received messages from this being in your dreams. She came to you numerous times to give you messages? And she has visited other people, as well? And they have confirmed what she looks like to you? Have they confirmed the message that they received and is that message the same message you received? Curious... 

Wasn't nice things she said, or did.
It's against the rules to go into any real detail what she said or did. Needless to say it was either violent or sexual or both.
She often looked like an Erinyes (or furies) that's how most saw her, though she had other forms. Certainly wasn't revelations or anything that's for sure.

Certainly not, and the dreams, her, comes every so often.

The last one, and I remember it well, seemed pretty normal. I had stolen what I think was a golden gameboy, and there was a bunch of 80s esque bounty hunters but their leader was something of a mystery and wasn't seen until the very end. My band of 80s ragtags warned me of her but it didn't seem to dawn on me until she had killed all her minions and was after me. It wasn't about the gameboy anyore.

And all she told me was "I'm not gone yet"

• 4 years later...
22 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I havent heard alot a bout women having this gift. Are you all saying only priesthood are granted this beautiful gift? If you are im hear to tell you you're not exactly correvt on that because i have it. 

Keep in mind that this thread is now 5 years old and about 95% of the people that participated on it no longer use this site.

2 minutes ago, pam said:

Keep in mind that this thread is now 5 years old and about 95% of the people that participated on it no longer use this site.

Sorry trying to learn how to use this. Could you recommend a good lds site for me to participate in? Id appreciate it very much. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Sorry trying to learn how to use this. Could you recommend a good lds site for me to participate in? Id appreciate it very much. Thanks. 

This is still a great lds site to participate in.  But people come and go.  Especially over a 5 year period.