Just found another "Homeless Christ" thing

TheKitsuneFox

Remember that "Homeless Christ" thing I told you about a few weeks ago? Well the girl who posted it on youtube now has a Flickr account. She's put up what she says are sightings of Christopher Elson (The Homeless Christ). I have trouble telling if these are fake or not. I need someone who knows how to spot a fake photograph.

Here's the link

Christopher Elson Sightings - a set on Flickr

No doubt 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7 are poorly photoshopped. 4 & 5 seem real enough but who knows. I don't trust a whole lot on the internet. And with 5 out of 7 images obviously photoshopped, the rest can be thrown in the garbage as fraud.

Why all the interest in this man?

No doubt 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7 are poorly photoshopped. 4 & 5 seem real enough but who knows. I don't trust a whole lot on the internet. And with 5 out of 7 images obviously photoshopped, the rest can be thrown in the garbage as fraud.

Why all the interest in this man?

I don't know. I guess I have a tendency to fear the worst. And usually when people claim that Christ is returning, they always make it sound more frightening then comforting.

I don't know. I guess I have a tendency to fear the worst. And usually when people claim that Christ is returning, they always make it sound more frightening then comforting.

Fox, put this homeless guy out of your mind. He is not Jesus Christ, and neither is anyone else who claims to be. You will know Jesus Christ when you see him. He won't be some mysterious guy in the background of random photos.

This is purely superstitious thinking. Ignore it, and him, from now on. You have much more important and interesting things to concentrate on. I advise you to let this sort of nonsensical talk go, forever.

It seems to me that you are worrying about the wrong thing. We should all work on living a good, honorable life, always trying to make the right choices. Also, doing our best to stay close to God and the church. If you do that, you will never need to worry about the Second Coming of Christ. You'll be ready. To chase after every claim of deity from people will only serve to set you back. And, as Vort said, you will know without a doubt when Christ has come. It will not be a secret, and He will not come up behind you and say "BOO!" And He is definitely is not a homeless man making a house on a beach out of sticks and being interviewed for youtube. His Second Coming is a whole lot more substantial than that.

If I may suggest, read the scriptures, read the words of the modern Prophets, pray about it. Don't rely on youtube, the internet and a whole bunch of Photoshopped images only meant to grab attention and your money.

When people start floating up into the air, then worry. Till then id suggest not bothering with Christ claims.

What people really need to focus on rather is their own humility and rightiousness.

I wonder what would happen if we spent our time treating others as though they were Christ, or at least in a Christlike manner, then in some respects it wouldn't matter when he appeared, or how. We would be behaving as he taught, and we would recognize him.

-RM

Mathew 24:23-28

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great dsigns and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the beast, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.