Who are the Prince and King of Tyre

TimP

Why does the first part of the scripture refer to a man and the second part refers to someone who had been in Eden and walked in the fires of the mountain of God..among other things. Obviously the King or Prince of an earthly kingdom could do no such thing.

Edited by TimP
corrected spelling

Why does the first part of the scripture refer to a man and the second part refers to someone who had been in Eden and walked in the fires of the mountain of God..among other things. Obviously the King or Prince of an earthly kingdom could do no such thing.

Since you won't like my answer, why not tell us what you think is the answer to this mystery?

I believe it is a dual pronouncement. One part pointed at the Prince of Tyre as an evil, arrogant human being and one part directed at the evil behind him, Lucifer or Satan.

But Satan in the garden of Eden was not adorned with precious stones. At that point, he was fallen, cast out of heaven. The mention in Ezekiel 28 is out of place for Satan.

All the statements are directed at the ruler of Tyre. The first one compares him to Danel, one of the ancient heroes of the Canaanites. In the second he is compared to the first inhabitant of the Garden of Eden, here termed a cherub. The cherub was perfect until he spoiled his ways, and was cast off from a land of great wealth.

@Volgadon. As perhaps the first resident in a 'celestial' Garden of Eden filled with holy fire and all sort of beautiful stones until he grew arrogant and souoht to make himself equal or above God and was cast out of heaven?

There are some interesting things you have opened up. Generally we think that a “Cherub” is an angel. The word comes from the ancient Greek - the Hebrew word has no English translation thus scholars today use the Greek?

What I am going to suggest is that perhaps an angel is not the best understanding of a Cherub. Symbolically there are several references in scriptures to Cherubim which are the plural of Cherub. In most cases the reference of Cherubim break down to two individuals (the mercy seat in the temple as example). I would submit that all symbolic references to Cherubim also are symbols that are unique to Jesus or Satan.

The Traveler

Thanks to everyone for your sincere answers to my previous questions.

This one is where the scholars get to put on their thinking caps.

In Ezekiel 28 1-19 who are the Prince and King of Tyre prophecied about?

I"m guessing you are meaning as in if and what does archeology have on them (so as to provide some sort of comparison or evidence to the biblical command and prophecy to the prince of Tyre)?

Currently I can't recall anything that deals with this specifically.