I was watching a Temple video on Youtube...

TheKitsuneFox

And someone posted this comment:

I just prayed for everyone that has viewed and will view this. Nothing we make to "bring reverence and glory to God" will ever be enough. Believe in Christ, and like scripture says, He dwells within the believer. This is the sacred, mist high place, us. Let us consistently be in repentance and only read God's Word, the Old and New testaments. We are not to add to or take away from scripture, so God spake, this includes Joseph A. Smith and his run in the devilish influence to start a "reformed" movement. Don't be fooled. Satan often comes as a

bringer of light.

Are they saying we're sinning by reading the Book of Mormon? These kin of comments make me uncomfortable.

Youtube comments are best known for being emotionally driven rather than rationally driven. In other words, people write from the feelings the video generates in them, rather than the facts surrounding it. This is especially true of LDS issues.

For many of the derogatory comments (regardless of the video) they represent a tragic waste of energy and time just in what it took to type and submit them. Giving them any serious thought is just more waste.

Are they saying we're sinning by reading the Book of Mormon? These kin of comments make me uncomfortable.

I can relate - I was reading something on CNN's political section about people saying not to vote for Romney because he belongs to a cult! I found myself getting really irritated by the comments and anti-LDS sentiment.

If you reach a point of feeling that way again (and I guarantee you will, many times over!), step away, walk away, whatever. You are doing no good in trying to explain why they're wrong, or trying to figure them out. They don't know the facts because they don't want to know the facts. They want to be right in their own minds so they can feel better about themselves.

Only the Holy Spirit can cut through our ignorance and show us the truth.

I say "our" because I was once one of those people who told others that the LDS church was a cult. Now I stand (or sit, in front of my computer as I type this) corrected by the Holy Spirit!

If you feel uncomfortable with the comments from others, and feel you must do something, pray for these people, and then move on. And leave it to the Holy Spirit to do the rest. :)

"Don't be fooled. Satan often comes as a bringer of light."

How odd... I see this scripture (2 Cor. 11:14) loosely misquoted in this manner by many Christian sects. Why don't they ever notice their own confusion, as the scripture says in 1 Cor. 14:33, which says,

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

To date I haven't found any confusion in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All I've discovered within this church is peace!

Just pointing out a bit of a discrepancy in the use of scripture, LOL!!! :)

I mean this in all seriousness, you should really see a therapist. I've never encountered anyone who believes everything on the internet and is unable to decide for himself what is true and good and what isn't. It sounds to me you need some tools and help from a professional on how to make decisions for yourself as well as how to deal with anxiety that these internet statements cause in you.

This looks like a good site to assist you to find the tools and help you need. freementalhealth.com

I mean this in all seriousness, you should really see a therapist. I've never encountered anyone who believes everything on the internet and is unable to decide for himself what is true and good and what isn't. It sounds to me you need some tools and help from a professional on how to make decisions for yourself as well as how to deal with anxiety that these internet statements cause in you.

This looks like a good site to assist you to find the tools and help you need. freementalhealth.com

Uh... Thanks. :confused:

This is none of my business, and everyone is entitled to my opinion, I mean, their opinion, but unless there is some hx I'm not aware of... This seems a bit harsh!:(

This is none of my business, and everyone is entitled to my opinion, I mean, their opinion, but unless there is some hx I'm not aware of... This seems a bit harsh!:(

First it was the whole thing about the pictures of the "homeless Christ" that it appeared he was believing and had a fixation with and now this. If someone gets this upset over things on the internet, that could lead to a problem with reality.

First it was the whole thing about the pictures of the "homeless Christ" that it appeared he was believing and had a fixation with and now this. If someone gets this upset over things on the internet, that could lead to a problem with reality.

Ahh, thanks for the context... I was thinking the reply was harsh also, but now I have context. Now I get it. LOL!!! :)

I just prayed for everyone that has viewed and will view this. Nothing we make to "bring reverence and glory to God" will ever be enough. Believe in Christ, and like scripture says, He dwells within the believer. This is the sacred, mist high place, us. Let us consistently be in repentance and only read God's Word, the Old and New testaments. We are not to add to or take away from scripture, so God spake, this includes Joseph A. Smith and his run in the devilish influence to start a "reformed" movement. Don't be fooled. Satan often comes as a

bringer of light.

Thats certainly been a tactic used by many critics before. Unfortunately they either do not undersand the scriptures, or are willing to twist the scriptures.

I'd really suggest not placing much on what people say on the internet.

Now I'm curous as to which "temple video" is posted on YouTube and what their intentions are/were. Oh well.

It could have been any number of videos. Even ones that are done by Seth Adam Smith which are beautifully done.

I was MOSTLY good with this..."Nothing we make to "bring reverence and glory to God" will ever be enough. Believe in Christ, and like scripture says, He dwells within the believer. This is the sacred, mist high place, us. Let us consistently be in repentance...." after that it kinda got a bit mhhh.

Though I think the comments given are appropriate regarding getting angry about what we read on the internet, and accepting it as truth.

-RM