original inspirational writings...

sister_in_faith

In another thread I was able to share something I wrote a long time ago, during my conversion... Sharing it made me wonder if any of you would be willing to share original inspirational poems or such that you guys have written... i would be very interested to read things you all have written!

Here is what I shared in the other thread to get us started...

I beheld a garden filled with trees. Some trees were mature, some saplings, some seeds barely sprouted... Each represented something in my life, friendships, work, my relationship with God. Each was nourished according to the energy I devoted to it. I looked at the trees and knew that my relationship with God was the most important tree in my garden, but it wasn't getting as much water and light as it needed to grow big and strong. It was being crowded out by other trees who took up valuable space in my garden. I resolved then and there to thin out the things that were unimportant and put that time and energy into helping my 'relationship with God' tree grow and flourish. One day it will be the strongest tree, able to weather any storm, standing tall in the garden of my life.

I hope everyone finds it as inspiring as I have! :itwasntme:

A lot of the stuff in my blog on here is original. And I've shared some poems here on another thread... can't remember where it was. What you shared though reminded me of something I wrote in middle-school for a project...

We were supposed to do a report on "Manifest Destiny", and I wrote a story about a gardener who wanted to plant daisies. At first, the daisies were overcome and choked out by the native plants. So the gardener tried again en-force to plant the daisies. The daisies then took over the garden and choked out all the native plants. At first the gardener was happy, but then realized that the lack of diversity was much less exciting, much less beautiful and that he missed the native plants.

Totally different concept... not about God at all, but now I want to see if I can find that. Got an A on my report. :)