Whats something I can cook that is filling but still easy to eat while in a car/not messy? :)

lizzy16

Back story: One of my roommates invited this guy to come over and watch harry potter. We had a harry potter marathon. Little did the guy realize she meant it as a date. So, the entire time she kept saying things like "Oh, the scary parts coming. I'll need someone to snuggle with." "Oh, i need a hug" She said it probably 15 times. I got pretty annoyed. And, apparently the guy did too because he ignored her and eventually moved from sitting next to her on the couch to me on the floor. So, we ended up talking and he wants to do NaNoWriMo (basically a writing club thingy.) and so did I. And, for those that read the fourms often, this is one of the people who ate my cinnamon rolls. Yea, he liked them ^_^

Anyways, I ended up getting a ride to this writing club party in Idaho falls with another student and invited him along since he really wanted to go anyways. He gets out of class at 5:30 and we are living shortly after. I offered to bring dinner for him to eat on the way/in the car.

Any ideas? Obviously I want it to be tasty, simple to make and yet show my amazing talent of cooking/baking. hahha :)

I was thinking I'd do barbequechicken on a hamburger bun wrapped in foil. And a napkin. It's not messy unless you make it messy..... :)

And, I'm pretty good at making barbequechicken....

ok so am I the only one that got stuck on the fact that you just stole your roommate's date? lol So she invites him over for a date, you end up spending the whole time with him and then ask him out on a date of your own? I hope the roommate doesn't end up hating you. lol

That's where I got stuck too Gwen.

Haha, okay the point of the backstory was to see how people would view this.

So, this writing thing isn't a date. I made it pretty clear to him I wanted to be friend and he didn't have to worry about me asking for a hug every 5 mintues....like my roommate does.

And, we just get along well. I don't want it seen as anything else unfortunately my friend a few doors down sees it differently (which is why i bothered doing that back story thing.) Although, she doesn't care she thinks we're 'adorable' together.

The roommate who asked the guy over doesn't know we're both going to the writing retreat. I've thought about telling her but eventually decided unless she asked I wouldn't. She doesn't own him. And, theres nothing wrong with wanting someone else to write with during this NaNoWriMo club thingy :)

And, to be quite blunt I don't care if this other roommate ends up hating me. We're both civil towards each other usually. She actually wanted to room with me next semester. I said I'd rather not and I want to meet other people&me and this girls sleeping habits dont jive

Anyways. This is begining to sound rather dramatic and high schoolish. So, I'll stop there :)

The bbq sandwhich+potatoes is an excellent idea. Thanks :)

I like the tortilla wrap and potato idea. You can put pretty much anything inside either.

As for your highschoolish scenario.. I don't see anything wrong with you making a connection with this young man. Especially if he is positively responding to your.. advances? Lol. Once in awhile there will always be hurt feelings and you can't walk on eggshells with everything. If you were being malicious and trying to "steal away" a friend or boyfriend - that would be a different story. But I'm not gathering that with what you've posted. There, that's my two cents. :D

Edited by Bini
Typo

The roommate who asked the guy over doesn't know we're both going to the writing retreat. I've thought about telling her but eventually decided unless she asked I wouldn't. She doesn't own him. And, theres nothing wrong with wanting someone else to write with during this NaNoWriMo club thingy :)

And, to be quite blunt I don't care if this other roommate ends up hating me. We're both civil towards each other usually. She actually wanted to room with me next semester. I said I'd rather not and I want to meet other people&me and this girls sleeping habits dont jive

Anyways. This is begining to sound rather dramatic and high schoolish. So, I'll stop there :)

My dear, never lose a friend over a preemie. They're not worth it. ;)

I wouldn't call us friends. It's one of those "your my best friend."/"Wait..we're friends?" situations. I wouldn't ever spend time with her if she wasn't my roommate.

But, its all good.

She teaches me SO much about true patience and mothering qualities. Such as picking up after her. And making her food. And I'm trying really hard to be Christlike about it. So yea. Christlike... :)

Guest Magen_Avot

:cool: Ok, so... Chicken drumsticks, strawberries dipped in white and milk chocolate, biGG seedless grapes, juicey nectorines :D...

White Shoulders or Babe perfume and fluttery eye contact....:D

Ask about sports and hunting,...:D

Well, hey! if you're gonna do drama,... do D. R. A. M. A.!!! :lol:

...and don't forget to put that right here,... in your journal ;)

She teaches me SO much about true patience and mothering qualities. Such as picking up after her. And making her food. And I'm trying really hard to be Christlike about it. So yea. Christlike... :)

This makes me chuckle.

I remember when I was attending college, I housed with five other girls — yes five! They used to tease me because I'd leave "friendly reminder notes" all around the house, otherwise it was me cleaning up after everyone or me nagging everyone. It was a big house and got messy quick! The kitchen was the worst part.. Dirty dishes left all the freakin' time! I was working 12-hour nursing shifts and was exhausted by the time I was off work. Last thing I wanted to do was clean up everything but then again, someone had to do it because then it all just sat there and piled up! I was like Monica from "Friends".. Lol But yes, roommates teach you all sorts of patience :] Absolutely.