I'm a trick or treater and........

RMGuy

lol so now on halloween how many missionaries are going to be thought to be trick or treaters?

If my mission was any indication: None. We had district training sessions through out the mission because of the various pitfalls of proselyting on Halloween. Though I'm not honestly sure how indicative my mission was (and obviously it'd only be applicable where Halloween is celebrated), but I imagine a fair number of missions have plans so that missionaries aren't going door to door on Halloween.

Edited by Dravin

(and obviously it'd only be applicable where Halloween is celebrated)

I served in France, where they don't celebrate Halloween. (Some of the more observant Catholics do observe All Saints' Day, though, but that's neither here nor there.) We missionaries organized a Halloween party for a branch activity. It was fun trying to explain the whole concept to the French members--they didn't have a clue about Halloween! :lol: Also, we wanted dry ice for the punch, to make it look like witches' brew, but it was a bit difficult to find any. Ended up going to a coffin factory, appropriately enough, to get the dry ice! I think they said something about dry ice being used in the embalming process. (??)

I hear what you are saying lizzy, at the same time I prefer to be able to laugh at myself than to be too uptight. Personally, I just find life to be a lot more pleasurable and less stressful that way. Though, I can understand where you are coming from as well.

-RM

Hmmm this thread makes me want to "doggie treats" for people taht come to the door in certain costumes...

doggy treat: make up some "dirt" in a paper cup using crushed oreos and eitehr ice cream or whipped cream. then take a large warmed tootsie roll thats been rolled out and positioned to look like a doggy present on top of the "dirt"

^.^