November 8-11 Events?

lds2

Disclaimer: There's a lot going on this week that "some people" believe are more than incidental...as for me, I expect to be doing about the same things next week as this week...fall cleaning...FWIW So while we are commanded to "Watch with all perseverance" I don't think that He was talking about these things...:rolleyes:

Okay so when I say "some people" I perhaps could say "tin hat people" but time will tell as it always does...this time around November 12...:)

ALSO...2 Timothy 1:7

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind."

So if these kind of posts cause you fear or you just don't like them...this might be a good time to turn the page...

"Things that are scheduled to Happen on November (8-)9, 2011

1. An asteroid is scheduled to pass by earth. (Actuallyl November 8...one guy thinks it is a cataclismic Notradamus event FWIW)

2. Comet Elenin is scheduled to pass by earth. (Elenin non-event so far, "some people" say it may be some kind of military code though...)

3. Some planets are going to be in alignment. (True and some earthquakes have coincided with these...perhaps that explains the weird ones happening in Oklahoma right now)

4. Exercise Pacific Wave, a tsunami drill, is scheduled. (True, which has "some people" freaking out as one of the things happening this week is the asteroid flyby, non-existent Elenin tail flythrough, etc.)

5. FEMA, FCC, NOA to conduct Emergency Alert System (EAS) Test – National shutdown of all TV and radio communications – 2pm.

5 Things Scheduled to Happen on November 9, 2011: Asteroid, Comet, Planets Alignment, Tsunami Drill, Radio & TV Shutdown

November 11 has a LOT Of "some peoples" ideas for significance...

Armistice from WWI was signed 11th hour 11 day 11 month...

World Trade Center used to make an 11 in the sky...

Elenin - "Some people" think it could stand for Extinction Level Event Notably in November...Elevin Nine...or refers to meteor showers or ?

OR Just a really cool looking once in a life-time number? Perhaps at 11 seconds after 11 am on the eleventh day of November this year, 2011, we should all do something really exciting...like make the peace sign with both hands (which "some people" might also think looks like two elevens) and jump up and down elevin times.

FWIW - If you just want to rant please take it elsewhere.

Regardless, we are promised, "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" and as Prophet Monson said in conference about a year ago, "you have been prepared" for the times ahead.

Edited by lds2

It's an actual term, it refers to events large enough to cause mass extinctions (Extinction event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has a list of some). It has probably been popularized by movies like you discuss and the various History/Discovery Channel specials on such things.

I don't have a certified cool hat though.

Edited by Dravin

My sister has a great art show in Portland on 11/11. I wish I could go, but taking twin babies on a 10-hour drive isn't my idea of a good time. If your plans for dying fall through and you want something else to do in the Portland area, I can give you details.

11/11/11 is somewhat spoiled by the fact that it is 11/11/2011. The 12th c. would have been cooler for end times. 11/11/1111.

I nominate January 23rd, 4567 as the next best date for the end of times (I suppose that leaves the Europeans out of luck though).

Edited by Dravin

What I'm doing on 11/11/11 is taking the day off. That's a big enough event for me! :)

Ach, so much for that idea! A coworker asked if I could take her place at work tomorrow.

Our city had its Veteran's Day parade this morning. I wasn't at the parade myself, but I was waiting to take the bus to work, and saw one of those Air Force refuelling planes fly overhead, following the city's main street. I assume it was on its way to fly over the parade. I'm fascinated by aircraft and enjoyed watching it fly over me. :)

Just a really cool looking once in a life-time number? Perhaps at 11 seconds after 11 am on the eleventh day of November this year, 2011, we should all do something really exciting...like make the peace sign with both hands (which "some people" might also think looks like two elevens) and jump up and down elevin times.

Regardless, we are promised, "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" and as Prophet Monson said in conference about a year ago, "you have been prepared" for the times ahead.

World Peace!