My Daughter And Early Morning Seminary

Royalohh

My daughter is 14...she was not given a choice....I'm not looking forward to 5am...but, I wish I had had a chance to go to Seminary!!! :(

...She is bummed about the early morning...but I think she is secretly looking forward to it...she LOVES young woman's!!!

Early morning seminary was hard for me as I was usually up all night listening to my father rant and rave, and then would have to get up at 4:30 to get ready for seminary. The first year I hated it.

But something hapened the second year. I started listening, and suddenly I couldn't get enough. Much of what I learned I'd heard bits and pieces before, but this was so much more. In other words, I believe I'd learned the "milk" before, and now I was learning some of the "meat."

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Unfortunately it still didn't make getting up at 4:30 am any easier. :P

Elphaba

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yediyd

Aren't you in Utah? I was under the impression that in Utah Seminary was 8th period at school. Am I wrong? My daughter thinks we need to move to Utah!! I would like to, but as you know, my Bishop is against it for now, I am hoping to later, when my kids are raised.

... as you know, I still have a desire to go to BYU... :)

Aren't you in Utah? I was under the impression that in Utah Seminary was 8th period at school. Am I wrong? My daughter thinks we need to move to Utah!! I would like to, but as you know, my Bishop is against it for now, I am hoping to later, when my kids are raised.

I grew up in So. Calif., so I had to do the early morning Seminary. :(

Elphie

My daughter is 14...she was not given a choice....I'm not looking forward to 5am...but, I wish I had had a chance to go to Seminary!!! :(

...She is bummed about the early morning...but I think she is secretly looking forward to it...she LOVES young woman's!!!

I'm sure somebody on this site once said that they'd sat in on Seminary lessons, in order to help them learn/understand the doctrines better? Do you think your daughter's teacher would object to you sitting in with the lessons too?

Seminary here in Utah is considered "release time." They get no credit towards graduation even as an elective. It is taken during one of the class periods of school.

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

I'm sure somebody on this site once said that they'd sat in on Seminary lessons, in order to help them learn/understand the doctrines better? Do you think your daughter's teacher would object to you sitting in with the lessons too? I have been told that I cannot do that...I am hoping for a calling to Seminary one of these days...I am a teacher in the Primary now...maybe in the future...

There have been parents who attended seminary class with their child due to transportation issues. They are silent observers with a non-student classification. You might want to ask about it. Otherwise you could ask your daughter to tutor you.

Guest Yediyd

I don't have a car, so I can't use transportation as an excuse, My Bishop has told me that I cannot attend...I'm not too upset, I'm sure G-d knows my heart...maybe I'll get a call to teach it someday, I like your idea of having my daughter tuter me!! :)

Me? I want to go to BYU Hawaii, but they don't have a grad program. I don't blame your bishop saying moving to Utah might not be a good idea. Don't get me wrong, we need a lot of strong members here, but the effect of mean-spirited back-biting ward members leads many people to go inactive.

I think the attitudes of members in Utah is disgusting and I don't think anyone would live here, unless you are so jaded that you can handle any of the punishment the stupid hand out.

Aaron the Ogre